Attempted Carjacking Victim Defends Himself with Handgun - Video from Takoma Park

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    All four running home pronto, had homework assignments due in the morning. Taking the car they showed up in would only slow them down and deprive them of valuable study time.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Punk comes at him with a gun, victim uses his pistol to drive him back and buy time to GTFO. Good work, other than not dropping the guy with the gun.

Mostly, though, there should be a law about 14-16 year olds using guns to steal cars. If there was a law, it wouldn’t happen.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    So how long before the county charges the victim for carrying within 100 yards of a prohibited place?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay
    Sickening scum stealing cars and usually groups together. They then use the stolen vehicle to do more crime like robberies or carjackings or steal other cars. This shit is running out of control.

Tebonski

Jan 23, 2013
    Harford County
    The victim seemed like he was suspicious of the youths almost as if he expected something bad to happen. That might be considered racial profiling. Tony Brown and Meritless Garland might charge the victim with hate crimes violation.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Damn shame. Upstanding youth out spreading the good news of Jebus and ran across this gun toting Philistine.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

doggyjacket

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2016
    MoCo
    The one thing I find interesting is that he didn't drop what he was holding in his left hand as he's drawing his gun. To me, it looks like he's maybe cleaning out trash from his car and was going to go dump it in that big trash can. But he held onto that bag as he's drawing and then finally drops it when he goes to put both hands on the gun. I'm not criticizing, just makes me think he had some real adrenaline going right then and shows the importance of training and repetition for the times when you're not thinking and are acting on instinct.

The other crazy thing is the carjacker just shooting right into moving traffic. Would've been sad to see a random bystander get hit are they're driving by. Just crazy.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Damn shame. Upstanding youth out spreading the good news of Jebus and ran across this gun toting Philistine.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    :lol::lol2:

Perhaps the Upstanding yutes will now go back and spread the word to their homies that there's a new Sheriff in town, and his name is Bruen.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    The one thing I find interesting is that he didn't drop what he was holding in his left hand as he's drawing his gun. To me, it looks like he's maybe cleaning out trash from his car and was going to go dump it in that big trash can. But he held onto that bag as he's drawing and then finally drops it when he goes to put both hands on the gun. I'm not criticizing, just makes me think he had some real adrenaline going right then and shows the importance of training and repetition for the times when you're not thinking and are acting on instinct.

The other crazy thing is the carjacker just shooting right into moving traffic. Would've been sad to see a random bystander get hit are they're driving by. Just crazy.
    Not unusual behavior. When people are not used to doing a thing, especially under stress, they will not do it. I'd wager very few people have ever worked from an odd position, with crap in one or both hands, and had to unexpectedly get a weapon out and on target.

In addition to working from less than ideal "range stance", get used to dropping a shopping bag, drink cup, or a pack of index cards (simulated cell phone).

Blaster probably has a lot more, better, stories of people doing stupid stuff when going to guns.

The animal shooting I to traffic is NOT crazy. It is exactly in line with previously communicated (nonverbal) intent and action. He clearly disregarded human life and rights in his own interest. This is textbook predator behavior and has been well documented by multiple psychologists specializing in the criminal mind. He's demonstrating his thought process clearly.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    So how long before the county charges the victim for carrying within 100 yards of a prohibited place?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They'll give him standing to say the law is being enforced if they do. They didn't charge Andrew Raymond with it for that reason, and Andrew's actually one of the Plaintiffs in the Bill 21-22E Lawsuit against MoCo.

Wouldn't want him to be using a plus-ten magazine either you know....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom