• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Atlantic Guns

Industry Partner
    Feb 28, 2019
    Rockville and Silver Spring
    Atlantic Guns is Not Closing. For several years we have been exploring the possibility of consolidating our two stores into a single Larger location. The lack of parking in Silver Spring has been a problem for years and is now much worse with recent construction in the area. If we relocate we will advertise our plans. In the meantime, we hope to have the privilege of serving old and new customers in both Silver Spring and Rockville, and online at Atlanticguns.com.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Thank you for becoming an online presence.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Way to take all the fun out of uninformed hysteria posts on the internet, man. Will be interesting to see if you go to fresh new digs. Carry on doing your thing, and thanks for years of good service.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I was disappointed to hear this also, although I've only ordered one item from you. What oh what will the MDS sewing circle cackle on about now?

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I believe you are making the correct decision. The neighborhood has changed and the location just doesn't serve you as it did decades ago.

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    Atlantic Guns is Not Closing. For several years we have been exploring the possibility of consolidating our two stores into a single Larger location. The lack of parking in Silver Spring has been a problem for years and is now much worse with recent construction in the area. If we relocate we will advertise our plans. In the meantime, we hope to have the privilege of serving old and new customers in both Silver Spring and Rockville, and online at Atlanticguns.com.

I have to ask if your plans to move hadn't been leaked by a former employee would you have joined Maryland Shooters , You have been around for a lot of years and have done a lot on the behalf of gun owners in MD. and to keep a revenue stream going and that's not a bad thing for a business . With all the other shops represented here why are you so late to the party , The other shops have very active in letting us know what's happening as far as sales , new inventory coming in , My favorite is when United posts up their used guns and Gym Rats specials and Sales , But good old Atlantic has been dismissive of Maryland Shooters as I was told by your former employee that asked to remain nameless , So are you going to truly join and be active or just have your name here .

Bootknife

Ultimate Member
    Thanks for the Clarification ....That is a sound Plan. I made JD one of his first SASS Holsters many Moons ago. Haven't got in Much lately.I am in the House in Jax Florida at this time-Fighting Agent Orange Related disease and arthritis.I Miss You Fellas up North and Wish You Well, Keep up the Good Fight in Annapolis I follow Your Endeavors here in Florida.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I have to ask if your plans to move hadn't been leaked by a former employee would you have joined Maryland Shooters , You have been around for a lot of years and have done a lot on the behalf of gun owners in MD. and to keep a revenue stream going and that's not a bad thing for a business . With all the other shops represented here why are you so late to the party , The other shops have very active in letting us know what's happening as far as sales , new inventory coming in , My favorite is when United posts up their used guns and Gym Rats specials and Sales , But good old Atlantic has been dismissive of Maryland Shooters as I was told by your former employee that asked to remain nameless , So are you going to truly join and be active or just have your name here .

Thank you for allowing Atlantic to correct rumors and list their efforts on our behalf. Open-minded tolerance is what we're all about here on MDS.

:innocent0

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    https://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=176

If you look at their IP forum here, it looks like they were an IP for quite some time. Maybe their IP status lapsed? There are 3 pages of posts there going back many years to at least April 2012.

That IP section is Atlantic Firearms, an online dealer.

This thread is about Atlantic Guns, a brick and mortar store with locations in Silver Spring and Rockville.

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    That IP section is Atlantic Firearms, an online dealer.

This thread is about Atlantic Guns, a brick and mortar store with locations in Silver Spring and Rockville.
    See. I hate that. The similar names get me every time. Thanks for setting me straight. I edited / deleted the quoted post with my mistake in it.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    See. I hate that. The similar names get me every time. Thanks for setting me straight. I edited / deleted the quoted post with my mistake in it.

Nothing to be ashamed of, its an easy mistake to make. I can delete my post if you wish, but it might be of help to others who aren't aware of both dealers.

Atlantic Guns

Industry Partner
    Feb 28, 2019
    Rockville and Silver Spring

I am not sure who you are but it sounds like you frequent our stores regularly and for many years! We have not been dismissive about MDshooters. To be honest we're just more of gun guys than computer guys. But as its now 2019 we have to adapt and we are making a big effort to do so. To answer your question Yes, we would have joined MD Shooters. We have been meaning to for sometime and with the help of your "rumor" it was the straw that made us do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom