• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bluedog46

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2011
    Hi guys. This is my first 1911 and was a gift so if possible I would like to keep it. It shoots very well except the typical issues with many 1911 pistols of hollow points. I have been told a few kind of ammo ( corbon, golden saber, guard dog, hornady crit defense) that should feed fine.

I have been wondering how much it might cost to put a pair of three dot sights on it in place of the mil spec sights? Most gunsmiths in the area just say bring it in. I have a dealer accoutn and could get the sights myself and get them put on. I am just wondering if the cut I hear they will have to do, which I think is a "dovetail" will cost like $200 plus what I pay for the sights. I am aware I can get a rock Island tactical for like $450 but would like to keep this one in part because its a commander.

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    That is a sweet gun, I've heard nothing but good things about them.

If the gun has dovetails in the slide, (typical of "tactical" models), it shouldn't be much to have the old sights pushed out and the new ones put in. If the sights are fixed, that's another story all together. I believe that I've heard as much as $200 just to get the slide milled out, and your new sights aren't even in yet. You don't want to replace a front sight with another post, it won't hold well.

MH

FI$H

Oct 11, 2011
    They are made by SAM they are great little guns for the money! I have the sub compact ATI and it has not failed ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom