ATF's recent rule change on 80% receivers and frame kits overturned.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    This is regarding ATFs recent rule change on 80% receivers and frame kits.

This is a case backed by the 2AF.
    The NRA is nowhere to be found.

Federal Judge Grants Injunction Blocking Enforcement of ATF's 'Frame or Receiver' Rule - The Truth About Guns

Previous Post Next Post From the Second Amendment Foundation . . . A federal judge in Texas has granted a preliminary injunction against the federal government’s enforcement of the final rule regarding partially manufactured firearm parts and kits in a case known as VanDerStok v. Garland...
    www.thetruthaboutguns.com

A federal judge in Texas has granted a preliminary injunction against the federal government’s enforcement of the final rule regarding partially manufactured firearm parts and kits in a case known as VanDerStok v. Garland, which challenged the authority of the Justice Department and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) to regulate items that are not firearms, as if they were firearms.

Judge O’Connor agrees that ATF’s final rule expanded the agency’s authority over parts that may be ‘readily converted’ into frames or receivers, which surpasses the authority granted by Congress. Even more compelling is that the judge agrees that ATF’s rule unlawfully treats parts kits as firearms.

Last edited:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I've decided to allow my NRA membership wither on the vine and focus more on my Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    I'm an original Life Member with the 2A Foundation. I wish I had sent my Life NRA membership to them as well.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    You are not the only one... I will not renew or give until WL is gone. Until then SAF, MSI, and JPFO get my donations.
    Me three. I sent them a letter (like, on paper) stating exactly that about WL several years ago.

SAF gets a lot of my money. GOA getting a lot lately too.

owldo

Ultimate Member
    This is regarding ATG's recent rule change on 80% receivers and frame kits.

Federal Judge Grants Injunction Blocking Enforcement of ATF's 'Frame or Receiver' Rule - The Truth About Guns

Previous Post Next Post From the Second Amendment Foundation . . . A federal judge in Texas has granted a preliminary injunction against the federal government’s enforcement of the final rule regarding partially manufactured firearm parts and kits in a case known as VanDerStok v. Garland...

A federal judge in Texas has granted a preliminary injunction against the federal government’s enforcement of the final rule regarding partially manufactured firearm parts and kits in a case known as VanDerStok v. Garland, which challenged the authority of the Justice Department and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) to regulate items that are not firearms, as if they were firearms.

Judge O’Connor agrees that ATF’s final rule expanded the agency’s authority over parts that may be ‘readily converted’ into frames or receivers, which surpasses the authority granted by Congress. Even more compelling is that the judge agrees that ATF’s rule unlawfully treats parts kits as firearms.
    "This is a case backed by the 2AF. The NRA is nowhere to be found."

NRA is nothing but a slush fund for emperor LaPierre ...
    LaPierre earns an annual salary of $985,000 ...

nra-mansion-e1565299138857.jpg

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    This is regarding ATG's recent rule change on 80% receivers and frame kits.

OP, can you correct the thread title to "ATF"? Thks.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Seems like every gun owner feels obligated to support the NRA without any due diligence. Even members here would harp on and on about joining and how they were life members. I realized the uselessness and corruption of the NRA 12 yrs ago, 3 years after buying my first handgun and happily divorced them. SAF and JPFO for me ever since

owldo

Ultimate Member
    Seems like every gun owner feels obligated to support the NRA without any due diligence. Even members here would harp on and on about joining and how they were life members. I realized the uselessness and corruption of the NRA 12 yrs ago, 3 years after buying my first handgun and happily divorced them. SAF and JPFO for me ever since
    He's right you know !

200w.gif

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Homie don't play dat. Never have supported the NRA and never will. Someone else can make the brass rich, I won't.

Rambler

Doing the best with the worst.
    Oct 22, 2011
    "This is a case backed by the 2AF. The NRA is nowhere to be found."

NRA is nothing but a slush fund for emperor LaPierre ...
    LaPierre earns an annual salary of $985,000 ...

nra-mansion-e1565299138857.jpg
    His annual landscaping bill exceeds many NRA members salaries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom