ATF to Issue New Ruling on Monday regarding New Restrictions on Shotgun Importation

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    I'm trying to figure out whether the 20 rd. drums will be banned or will go up in value.
    If banned and can't be used, then where's the market for these? They'd drop considerably, so it seems. Ideas?

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    I'm trying to figure out whether the 20 rd. drums will be banned or will go up in value.
    If banned and can't be used, then where's the market for these? They'd drop considerably, so it seems. Ideas?

I think this was already addressed.

ATF can't ban domestic production drums.

All they can do is effect imports.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    I think this was already addressed.

ATF can't ban domestic production drums.

All they can do is effect imports.

But couldn't the use be prohibited of this particular type of drum be prohibited (both foreign and domestic), especially with all the Delegates/representatives submitting bills for less mag. capacity?
    Appreciate your replies.

Ethan83

Ultimate Member
    Jan 8, 2009
    Baltimoreish
    But couldn't the use be prohibited of this particular type of drum be prohibited (both foreign and domestic), especially with all the Delegates/representatives submitting bills for less mag. capacity?
    Appreciate your replies.

It would require an act of law, which yes, legislators could in theory do. But, all the ATF can do is act within the letter of the law that already exists, and there is no federal law regarding the possession of magazines with a certain capacity. Doesn't mean they wouldn't if they could, but they can't. All the ATF is empowered to do is regulate the imported firearms, and even then, they still have to use the letter of the law. In this instance, "sporting use" is in the law regarding imports, so they're pushing that as far as they possibly can.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Face it, this is a done deal. The administration won't stop it and the only people that can stop it is congress by re-writing 18 USC 925 (d)(3). If you want this stopped, it needs to be stopped by congress in a way that ties the hands of the ATF. Otherwise, Kiss your imported Siaga's goodbye. The ATF will find a way to ban it, and you better believe that they won't stop there. There is a new head of the agency and he's carrying water for Obama and friends... not us.

Mark

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    The DD issue is a pain in the arse but people again are making this out to be more than it is, The $200 tax will be waived, you wont get your gun confiscated. When you sell it it will have to be through a S.O.T. or Class 3 Dealer. Again Im not agreeing with it, but your door isnt going to be kicked in if you own one, you will have to register it on a BATFE Tax Form. if you dont then you have a gun you cant legally own anymore and if you get caught with it it wil be like having an unregistered machinegun.

People that live in non Class 3 friendly states will have to sell them to a S.O.T or Class 3 Dealer.

Thanks for this Clandestine. This is excellent info, I wasn't sure if it would be wise to buy one now or not.

-Jim

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    over a year....I picked mine up on Friday and converted it on Saturday, of course I already had all the parts. I'm picking up another on Tues or Wed, and will prob convert that one straight away too.

Bravo to you for not delaying.
    Did you do the conversion yourself?
    Me, I have so many unfinished projects, but I've completed a few in the past few weeks so there's been progress.
    I checked out my new Saiga at the dealer Friday.
    I'd like to think I wont wait long to convert it. :sad20:

razorV23

TK421
    Dec 18, 2008
    Annapolis
    Bravo to you for not delaying.
    Did you do the conversion yourself?

Yea, I did it myself. Very easy, thou I'm not overly impressed with the Tromix stock I got, it seeems to fat on the left side where it bolts to the receiver. I'm prob gonna shave it down and repaint it. Overall I like it. I'd be willing to assist your build if you need anything, sometimes even an extra set of hands helps, like with the LRBHO spring, almost lost it a few times.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    Yea, I did it myself. Very easy, thou I'm not overly impressed with the Tromix stock I got, it seeems to fat on the left side where it bolts to the receiver. I'm prob gonna shave it down and repaint it. Overall I like it. I'd be willing to assist your build if you need anything, sometimes even an extra set of hands helps, like with the LRBHO spring, almost lost it a few times.

Rough guess on how many hours it took you to do the conversion?

Luigi

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 4, 2010
    Anyone up for a S12 shoot? I should have mine here on the 1st then 7+ day wait...I'm going to run it for awhile before converting it though. There was an awesome link posted in the shotgun forum with conversion videos from carolina shooters. I'll probably get my parts from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom