ATF seeking to ban the private sale of firearms (?)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    Makes sense. Can't sell out the country to a communist regime if the citizens are armed.

not one more inch

Sooooo, now that Wayne is gone, the NRA is gonna fight this, right? Right? Hello?

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    They better hope that in their 1,300 pages there are some 1791 laws cited that banned the private sale at the time of the founding.
    :lol:

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Having once been paid by the word, I gotta admit; when I saw “drafted a 1,300 page document,” I started to get a hard-on …

… then it occurred to me some useless pos bureaucrat probably turned that into a 3-year long suck on the taxpayer teat and it passed

… but, there was a definite tingle …

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    I don’t know how anyone cannot look at the US for, say, at least the last four decades and not see, plain as day, the Left / DemonRats / DNC / mainstream media are our country‘s

Top Gun Sales People

TheEvilZX2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2011
    :wtf:

Attachments

• marburyvsmadison1803.png
      marburyvsmadison1803.png
      45.3 KB · Views: 33

tomcatfan

Jan 27, 2024
    St. Marys
    Makes sense. Can anyone really point to a single thing done I the last 4 years or so that has not infringed on people's rights in one way or another?

tomcatfan

Jan 27, 2024
    St. Marys
    Unelected people in a non-constitutional governmental entity making and passing laws that deprive citizens of their rights? Laws that belong to the Judicial third of our government.
    That's just the thing, they aren't passing laws. The legislature has nothing to do with this. It's the executive branch doing their own thing completely.

TheEvilZX2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2011
    That's just the thing, they aren't passing laws. The legislature has nothing to do with this. It's the executive branch doing their own thing completely.
    If no law then its not illegal.
    If a law then null and void ie. Marbury vs Madison.

If there is no law passed and they just say "we ban this" how could it possibly be enforced? ATF plants agents as "plain clothes citizen" to catch private sale then shoots his dog?

Triggerfinger

States Rights!
    Sep 1, 2012
    Richlands, North Carolina
    So, a rule is not a law and can be ignored. I'm getting to the point that I'm ungovernable. Ungovernable because the people voted in to serve the nation have allowed the unelected to become tyrants over the citizens.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland

The Congress promoted the the regulatory nature of the Executive branch to shield themselves from the finger of responsibility being pointed at them, Congress, for what happens to the citizens.

Its all about getting re-elected.

tomcatfan

Jan 27, 2024
    St. Marys
    If no law then its not illegal.
    If a law then null and void ie. Marbury vs Madison.

If there is no law passed and they just say "we ban this" how could it possibly be enforced? ATF plants agents as "plain clothes citizen" to catch private sale then shoots his dog?
    It's enforced because they are also the governments arm for enforcement. Much like how recently the HQL was found unconstitutional yet the MSP effectively said they didn't care.

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    Good idea ATF; I'm sure this will stop criminals from buying stolen guns from out of the trunk of their supplier's car.

Don't know why nobody ever thought of this simple solution before now. I predict zero crime after this is enacted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom