• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pitpawten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 28, 2013
    As far as I’m concerned, drug use is not very helpful to firearms ownership regardless of how the substance is delivered.
    Responsible firearms ownership and usage begs for sobriety and clear-headedness (as do many other weighty responsibilities).

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I've been saying for years, whether medicinally or recreational the states allowing use of MJ is a back door to gun control..... I turned down a sale at the last Timonium show because the individual reeked of MJ, he wasn't happy but oh well.....

Those are slightly different, I wouldn’t sell a gun to someone who appeared to be impaired at the time of sale. If I were an FFL and a customer came in reeking of weed, there’s the door. Likewise if they were drunk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Responsible firearms ownership and usage begs for sobriety and clear-headedness (as do many other weighty responsibilities).

That’s right but it doesn't beg it, it requires it.
    That way you don’t wind up doing stupid shit like shooting at the wrong target like some tires, harming yourself or other person like maybe in their own house reaching for tradesman tool or something like that.
    Or maybe even putting a crossbow to your chin and loosing a bolt into your cranium because you lost that right by being a stoner/ lush like my neighbor did the other day.
    Talk about a blood trail. Whoosh.
    Rage / Servpro gangbang.
    But hey, maybe half smoked up on some kw’s or sloughing g one off from the night before is a better excuse for doing stupid things than just being plain stupid.
    Most people don’t need too much help and I could see being ripped as a better way to explain how dumb one may be vs. the former.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Same as it ever was.

Yeah. For a change this is an agency applying the law as it is written.
    If Congress gets around to take THC out of schedule I , this will change, until then it remains a conflict between state and fed law.

This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the Constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    I've been saying for years, whether medicinally or recreational the states allowing use of MJ is a back door to gun control..... I turned down a sale at the last Timonium show because the individual reeked of MJ, he wasn't happy but oh well.....
    good for you

wpage

Ultimate Member
    Oct 17, 2022
    Southern Delaware
    Would love to see Hunter Bidens ATF form vs. some of the images. Here is one of his pop with some edit...

Attachments

• biden.jpg
      biden.jpg
      32 KB · Views: 61

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    True, but big difference between a good practice vs a government that will kick in doors and put someone in a cage over it.
    That’s right but it doesn't beg it, it requires it.
    That way you don’t wind up doing stupid shit like shooting at the wrong target like some tires, harming yourself or other person like maybe in their own house reaching for tradesman tool or something like that.
    Or maybe even putting a crossbow to your chin and loosing a bolt into your cranium because you lost that right by being a stoner/ lush like my neighbor did the other day.
    Talk about a blood trail. Whoosh.
    Rage / Servpro gangbang.
    But hey, maybe half smoked up on some kw’s or sloughing g one off from the night before is a better excuse for doing stupid things than just being plain stupid.
    Most people don’t need too much help and I could see being ripped as a better way to explain how dumb one may be vs. the former.
    LOL, think I'm too sober to understand this.

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    ATF can suck an ass.

“How George Washington ran up a $17,253 bar tab 2 days before signing the Constitution”

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    Living in a state where recreational pot is legal, and having just turned in my CCw renewal, the pot question is on the list and grounds for disqualification

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Per the NIH (2012 numbers) habitual users of alcohol are less than 10% of the population. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4258136/

Per the CDC (2019) 18% of Americans used Marijuana in 2019. https://www.cdc.gov/marijuana/data-statistics.htm#:~:text=Marijuana is the most commonly,at least once in 2019.
    You didn’t read the part where I mentioned that men are a lot more likely to be alcoholics than women. Plus conservatives are much less likely to use weed than liberals. Skewing the board numbers lower. And lastly, as firearm owners we are all probably a lot less likely to use weed because it is prohibiting, but alcohol is only prohibiting if you get a lot of DUIs.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Sure thing. Ever drink alcohol? Lots of people get intoxicated on that a lot. Not like smoking weed keeps you high your entire life. So long as you aren’t high, or drunk, while carrying a firearm, the issue is…?

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Yeah. For a change this is an agency applying the law as it is written.
    If Congress gets around to take THC out of schedule I , this will change, until then it remains a conflict between state and fed law.

This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the Constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding.
    Heck, the scheduling even makes no sense, as schedule I specifically says there is no recognized medical use/value. Which isn’t true. At worst it should be a schedule II.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Heck, the scheduling even makes no sense, as schedule I specifically says there is no recognized medical use/value. Which isn’t true. At worst it should be a schedule II.

Whether I agree or disagree with the current schedule isn't relevant. Until the feds change this, 'it is what it is'.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    We're from the Regulatory State, and we're here to tell you what we think your legislatures meant by their vague and occasionally incomprehensible laws.

If you don't like it, you can suck it, because we're not elected, we're just in charge.

pitpawten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 28, 2013
    Sure thing. Ever drink alcohol? Lots of people get intoxicated on that a lot.
    Same thing applies, sobriety is called for.

When you get your CC you're encouraged to carry regularly to get used to it, to make it a part of your life, to get to the point where you don't feel conspicuous doing it, where its second nature - habituation.

Doing the same with intoxication by normalizing it, is foolish and dangerous for the otherwise responsible gun owner and those around them.
    Not like smoking weed keeps you high your entire life.
    No, but it does have a cumulative negative effect on cognition.
    So long as you aren’t high, or drunk, while carrying a firearm, the issue is…?
    The nature of intoxication is that you willingly surrender your ability to make that distinction to the intoxicating substance.

This whole idea is as foolish as saying "I'm responsible, don't tell me what I can do....and now I'm going to use that freedom to do something (get intoxicated) which nullifies my capability of directing my own actions responsibly"

:facepalm:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Same thing applies, sobriety is called for.

When you get your CC you're encouraged to carry regularly to get used to it, to make it a part of your life, to get to the point where you don't feel conspicuous doing it, where its second nature - habituation.

Doing the same with intoxication by normalizing it, is foolish and dangerous for the otherwise responsible gun owner and those around them.

No, but it does have a cumulative negative effect on cognition.

The nature of intoxication is that you willingly surrender your ability to make that distinction to the intoxicating substance.

This whole idea is as foolish as saying "I'm responsible, don't tell me what I can do....and now I'm going to use that freedom to do something (get intoxicated) which nullifies my capability of directing my own actions responsibly"

:facepalm:
    So does alcohol consumption. A cumulative negative impact on cognition.

A responsible person knows when they can or cannot be intoxicated also. Are you regularly making decisions when you are asleep? I am doing that when I work. When I drive. When I am carrying a firearm. Heck, when I am cutting firewood with a chainsaw or navigating an airport. I am generally not making decisions while sitting back and having a beer and watching the sunset in a hammock. If I was, then I should probably also not sleep, because well, I can’t be making responsible decisions while I sleep. I am not even conscious then!

I assume you are a sober person and never drink?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom