ATF NFA pistol brace registration EFT fingerprint upload! Essential Support Services LLC

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U1a050

Jun 26, 2022
    Frederick
    Hey everybody! Happy Friday.

So, reluctantly decided to do the form 1 on the ATF's site for my two braced pistols.

While on the ATF site, I read you can either get your fingerprints card and mail them in within 10 days, or upload an "EFT" file during the online registration... Thought, dam, if I have to go get the fingerprints done, my as well see about how to get this "EFT" file, and use that... SO much easier! Won't have to worry about my fingerprint cards getting lost in the mail, or it not getting to my online application as expected...

Found a place in Eldersburg called Essential Support Services LLC... called last week, talked to a very nice lady, Michelle. She advised her equipment to do this was on site, and to come back next Friday (today). Sure enough, no appointment, walked in at 1:30pm, and I was the FIRST person to get this service done at their shop.

I have to say, this was SO easy! Did the fingerprinting on the glass connected to a laptop, she then emailed me the file... went home, downloaded the file to my PC, uploaded it right to the form on ATF's site! Took the file fine.

Although, I have mixed feelings about registering these pistols, I had NO issues on ATF's site. I used this old youtube video, was done registering in about 30 minutes... just had to snap some pics of the lowers, and of course my mug... lol

Search Youtube "NEW UPDATED 2022 - ATF eForm 1 Individual - SBR Video Walk-Through Guide - National Gun Trusts"

ak47drummer

May 5, 2023
    Laurel
    If you want to do it yourself

Search youtube "Fingerprints At Home - An Easy How-To Guide"

Here's the website to order Free fingerprint cards if you want to do it the old fashioned way

Took about 10 days to get them and I know it's getting close to May 31.

You can buy the fingerprint ink pad at Office Depot for $6 or order on Amazon

Last edited:

ak47drummer

May 5, 2023
    Laurel
    Hey everybody! Happy Friday.

So, reluctantly decided to do the form 1 on the ATF's site for my two braced pistols.

While on the ATF site, I read you can either get your fingerprints card and mail them in within 10 days, or upload an "EFT" file during the online registration... Thought, dam, if I have to go get the fingerprints done, my as well see about how to get this "EFT" file, and use that... SO much easier! Won't have to worry about my fingerprint cards getting lost in the mail, or it not getting to my online application as expected...

Found a place in Eldersburg called Essential Support Services LLC... called last week, talked to a very nice lady, Michelle. She advised her equipment to do this was on site, and to come back next Friday (today). Sure enough, no appointment, walked in at 1:30pm, and I was the FIRST person to get this service done at their shop.

I have to say, this was SO easy! Did the fingerprinting on the glass connected to a laptop, she then emailed me the file... went home, downloaded the file to my PC, uploaded it right to the form on ATF's site! Took the file fine.

Although, I have mixed feelings about registering these pistols, I had NO issues on ATF's site. I used this old youtube video, was done registering in about 30 minutes... just had to snap some pics of the lowers, and of course my mug... lol

Search Youtube "NEW UPDATED 2022 - ATF eForm 1 Individual - SBR Video Walk-Through Guide - National Gun Trusts"
    That youtube video was excellent!

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    It seems to be a pretty extreme bit of bureaucratic overkill. As I built my AR pistol myself, using various parts purchased over time, that seems to add multiple layers of complexity to an already near-nightmare of paperwork.

Sounds like removing the brace would save me months of time and aggravation. Ultimately this nonsense will have to go away; it's nothing but pure infringement for its own sake.

jkeys

Jan 30, 2013
    I used Essential too. The lady was friendly and everything was fast and easy. I walked in and was out 15 minutes later.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I used Live Scan had an appointment at Zink Arms in Nottingham, cost me $65 but file link was sent to me via email within 2 hours of fingerprinting.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    I used Live Scan had an appointment at Zink Arms in Nottingham, cost me $65 but file link was sent to me via email within 2 hours of fingerprinting.
    Didn’t realize they were still open. I would have done live scan prints there if I knew that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom