• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    So "you're not in trouble" if you have these things, but if you have these things "you're breaking the law."

Administrative rule-making being given the force of law in interpreting the vague and obfuscatory legislation seems to run counter to the concept of lenity; when a ruling is unclear, the benefit of the doubt must favor the least restrictive interpretation, if I understand it correctly.

Legislatures need to write laws, not foist them off onto bureaucrats to make determinations about what the legislature meant. That leads to situations like the MSP creating rules about what forms our firearms must take to be legal.

Any bureaucrat will act in a fashion that will cover his butt; therefore, the most restrictive interpretation will become the de facto rule. Better that, than he should accidentally allow something that comes back to bite his butt, or so his reasoning inevitably goes.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    "You're not in trouble, just give us the FRTs"

If I am not in trouble, why give them up? Did Congress ban them? After they were legal? I don't blame the guy, but now he's #1 on the ATF hit list. Send your dog to an undisclosed kennel, barricade the doors, and fill the napalm sprinklers. It's time to party.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    If they’re going to do this they’ve got the right approach: use an unassuming lady along with slightly dangerous man Classic good cop - bad cop. I’d like to see the follow up visit.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    "We're just following orders."

Attachments

• 24_HF_Himmler_Main.jpg
      24_HF_Himmler_Main.jpg
      278.9 KB · Views: 76

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Rehash of action from Aug '22. Received lots of negative press. Anything reported recently?

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Or the Feds are now tapping in at the ISP level and just tracking everything. What did we think all those football field sized data centers in NoVa were going to used for??
    I read someone explain it on Twitter about internet searches. It seemed pretty complex but made sense. I couldn't remember it to save my life. But, who knows.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    I read someone explain it on Twitter about internet searches. It seemed pretty complex but made sense. I couldn't remember it to save my life. But, who knows.
    .gov probably knows how many sheets of TP we use to wipe each time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom