• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I would think there are a lot of pre 1/31/23 home built pistols that will be submitted on the tax free form 1. The only record of those pistols is the lower that was bought pre 1/31/23
    Yup, lots of them. Free stamp for cheap form 1 lowers is nice too. Thing is they all have "approved with conditions", and the condition being "pursuant to Final rule 2021R-08F". Potential problem is if the rule is wiped out, they could potentially rescind all the tax exempt form 1s issued under it. Not a big deal if braced pistols end up being non-NFA again, but if you got your form and slapped a stock on it, might have trouble. Although would also be a massive problem and a solid chance of making SBRs unenforceable or no longer NFA items once it gets into the courts.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    Screenshot_20230330-130244_Samsung Notes.jpg

Did FPC forget to detail the onerous registration process for NFA weapons, and needing a 5320.20 to cross state lines?

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    Copy cat by which no no’s.
    An example of a firearm and why would help. Thx
    AR pistol w/brace <29" because it may be considered a copycat weapon. The new advisory did not clarify how the new brace rule would apply to the copycat weapon definition.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    Firearms under 29" overall length, that's just about any AR with a less than 11" barrel.

All AK rifles are banned.

Unless you convert them to single shot or .22lr

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    D8EA2493-5C54-44F2-8082-5D3AB303461E.png

This is from MSP.
    They are not changing their definition of the braced pistols as per their bulletin that is also in this thread. I felt there was some gray area so after a few emails I received a response. There would probably be an issue if you submitted a form one living in MD for a SBR under 29” even with a copy of the bulletin and email. So what may be easier is to apply with the 29” length then change back to the original configuration. I don’t have a dog in this fight but I know a few who do. GL

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    View attachment 408216

This is from MSP.
    They are not changing their definition of the braced pistols as per their bulletin that is also in this thread. I felt there was some gray area so after a few emails I received a response. There would probably be an issue if you submitted a form one living in MD for a SBR under 29” even with a copy of the bulletin and email. So what may be easier is to apply with the 29” length then change back to the original configuration. I don’t have a dog in this fight but I know a few who do. GL
    So, if you SBR a braced pistol <29"... and then put a stock on it because it's a registered SBR... you're suddenly breaking the copycat weapon statute? In other words, if you have a braced <29" pistol and SBR it, the MSP dude is saying that even though it's federally recognized as a SBR, MSP will see it as a pistol if it has a brace on it? Sounds kind've like a trap from both the ATF and MSP. What they're saying doesn't line up with the laws they're claiming to enforce.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Drake1990$

Latest threads

Top Bottom