• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Big surprise, AT&T kept all of our phone data since at least 1987 and has handed it over to the government. Of course they did it so the government can "protect us" from those evil illegal drugs, maybe one day they will "protect us" from those evil illegal guns too.....

AT&T provides DEA with 26 years worth of phone call data
    http://news.yahoo.com/t-provides-dea-26-years-worth-phone-call-162048682.html

U.S. drug agents using vast AT&T database, New York Times says
    http://news.yahoo.com/u-drug-agents-using-vast-t-database-york-012420531--finance.html

Drug Agents Use Vast Phone Trove, Eclipsing N.S.A.’s
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/02/us/drug-agents-use-vast-phone-trove-eclipsing-nsas.html?_r=0

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I have nothing to hide. I would not have a conversation on the phone that I would not have in a crowd with everyone around listening to me. I still have a problem with this.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    I have nothing to hide. I would not have a conversation on the phone that I would not have in a crowd with everyone around listening to me. I still have a problem with this.

Surely you have nothing to worry about since you are doing nothing wrong.
    Privacy and constitutional rights are only for bad people who have something to hide.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Big surprise, AT&T kept all of our phone data since at least 1987 and has handed it over to the government. Of course they did it so the government can "protect us" from those evil illegal drugs, maybe one day they will "protect us" from those evil illegal guns too.....

AT&T provides DEA with 26 years worth of phone call data
    http://news.yahoo.com/t-provides-dea-26-years-worth-phone-call-162048682.html

U.S. drug agents using vast AT&T database, New York Times says
    http://news.yahoo.com/u-drug-agents-using-vast-t-database-york-012420531--finance.html

Drug Agents Use Vast Phone Trove, Eclipsing N.S.A.’s
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/02/us/drug-agents-use-vast-phone-trove-eclipsing-nsas.html?_r=0

I take issue with the word "gave." data storage is not cheap and i doubt AT&T is providing this willingly. I doubt that the DEA "requested" 26 years, more like they directed AT&T to keep 26 years of data. According to the NYT, AT&T is paid to place employees into law enforcement agencies.

A company acting on behalf of a law enforcement agency is subject to the same standard as the police themselves. Also, the supreme court unanimously held that you need a warrant for GPS data. Cell phone records contain location data and a collection of metadata can be used to track your movements.

Forget for a second that this is blatantly unconstitutional IMO, its clearly a humongous waste of money because the war on drugs is an abysmal failure.

Maestro Pistolero

Mar 20, 2012
    He shouldn't have a problem with it since he claims to have nothing to hide.
    Since I don't keep any guns, drugs, or pressure cookers up my butt the government can anally probe me all they want. Whatever keeps 'Merica safe, right?

You can't have it both ways. He's making the same point you are: He has nothing to hide AND he still has a problem with it. You seem to be trying to discredit him. Why?

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Yes, I am a 100% law abiding citizen. I have nothing to hide. I do not like being under the watchful eye of big brother.

Impossible, the only 100% law abiding citizens are me, and anyone in a coma at a hospital and that's why big brother needs to watch everyone at all times to keep us all safe from our sinning, law-breaking selves. Jesus said we are all sinners, and big brother says we are all criminals guilty of something until proven innocent, or something.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    I will admit I have everything to hide...it isn't the .gov's biz to be in my biz. So, I send them false flags by dropping bomb, pressure cooker, NSA, and other keywords in ligit conversations and emails all the time.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    He shouldn't have a problem with it since he claims to have nothing to hide.
    Since I don't keep any guns, drugs, or pressure cookers up my butt the government can anally probe me all they want. Whatever keeps 'Merica safe, right?

Learn how to spell anal if your going to use the word.

sent from somewhere in the world.

Benanov

PM Bomber
    May 15, 2013
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Yes, I am a 100% law abiding citizen. I have nothing to hide. I do not like being under the watchful eye of big brother.

Serious question: If you have nothing to hide, then why do you close the door when you use the bathroom? (This is paraphrased & adapted from a Bruce Schneier essay.)

Human beings need and deserve privacy. You may be doing everything above board but it doesn't matter - there are things that you need to hide, or things that you don't need some blue-uniformed guy who makes his living from your taxes poking through.

The phrase "nothing to hide" is a tactic used by cops that want to go on fishing expeditions and lawyers to paint a picture to a jury that someone is guilty.

I prefer not to use the phrase, and instead make an appeal to the fact that no one wants their laundry hung out on the line unless they put it there.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Benanov, I have nothing to hide. If you want to watch me wipe my ass, feel free. I do not particularly like an audience but I do not mind. I do not want the government watching me 24/7. I don't know why that is so hard to understand.

Benanov

PM Bomber
    May 15, 2013
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Benanov, I have nothing to hide. If you want to watch me wipe my ass, feel free. I do not particularly like an audience but I do not mind. I do not want the government watching me 24/7. I don't know why that is so hard to understand.

Because the phrase "nothing to hide" is an invention of people who want to watch.

I prefer "come back with a warrant"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom