• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Is there a timeline for when Congress will take up the Hearing Aid Protection Act? I hope that it happens this summer or at least this year.

Cal68

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I really think this is going to happen!

63370347.jpg

lonzo

Dec 8, 2015
    Moco
    The leadership in the House and Senate can bring it up, but they wont..there are a lot of bills that are waiting to get on the floor but they aren't going anywhere...very sad...

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Somewhere between 2 weeks and never.

The latter

The leadership in the House and Senate can bring it up, but they wont..there are a lot of bills that are waiting to get on the floor but they aren't going anywhere...very sad...

No, they're too busy caving to the Democrats.

That's too bad. I was wondering why we suddenly stopped hearing (pun intended!) about this bill.

Cal68

Elliotte

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2011
    Loudoun County VA
    That's too bad. I was wondering why we suddenly stopped hearing (pun intended!) about this bill.

Cal68

Because it was a campaign promise to get you to vote for the R on the ticket. The vast majority of R politicians have no intention of keeping their campaign promises and will make up every excuse in the world to not do the hard work they promise their voters they will do.

teawhy

Mar 24, 2017
    Southern Maryland
    Because it was a campaign promise to get you to vote for the R on the ticket. The vast majority of R politicians have no intention of keeping their campaign promises and will make up every excuse in the world to not do the hard work they promise their voters they will do.

That sounds about right. :sad20: They better start making right on those promises or this midterm election is going to be a rude awakening...

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County

That sounds about right. :sad20: They better start making right on those promises or this midterm election is going to be a rude awakening...

Yes, I will definitely remember those who made promises and did not keep them. The problem is that oftentimes the D on the ticket is worse than the incumbent R, so unless the incumbent is challenged during the primary, we may not have much of a choice during the general election. For example, Governor Hogan may not have done much to help the 2A cause, but I am certain that his D opponent will be even less 2A friendly than he is.

A sorry state of affairs.

Cal68

yellowfin

Pro 2A Gastronome
    Jul 30, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    And here's the problem : they know and we know that the alternative is worse, so they know they can largely get away with it because the "rude awakening" would hurt us worse than them. It's like the only cure for a headache being to cut your head off.

teawhy

Mar 24, 2017
    Southern Maryland
    Yes, I will definitely remember those who made promises and did not keep them. The problem is that oftentimes the D on the ticket is worse than the incumbent R, so unless the incumbent is challenged during the primary, we may not have much of a choice during the general election. For example, Governor Hogan may not have done much to help the 2A cause, but I am certain that his D opponent will be even less 2A friendly than he is.

Cal68

And here's the problem : they know and we know that the alternative is worse, so they know they can largely get away with it because the "rude awakening" would hurt us worse than them. It's like the only cure for a headache being to cut your head off.

Both true, and both sad and infuriating. This is why there needs to be:
    1. viable third party candidates
    2. capmaign finance law overhaul
    3. term limits for legislative bodies, state and federal

If it were only that easy...

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    . . .And if the vast universe of supporters of the act do not use the upcoming congressional recess--and other times their representative are back home--to confront them in person, en masse, and call them out, then both their MO and ours will be ongoing inaction. I gave my grandson a sign to post in his bedroom (he's 13 and plays baseball at mutiple levels) that says: "Look in the mirror. That's your competition." Same here.

Elliotte

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2011
    Loudoun County VA
    . . .And if the vast universe of supporters of the act do not use the upcoming congressional recess--and other times their representative are back home--to confront them in person, en masse, and call them out, then both their MO and ours will be ongoing inaction. I gave my grandson a sign to post in his bedroom (he's 13 and plays baseball at mutiple levels) that says: "Look in the mirror. That's your competition." Same here.

Exactly. While the results of choices show the most as the largest scale (president, congress, governors, etc), we individuals can have the most impact at the lower levels, (state delegates, city & county elections). If you start with and focus on the lower levels, it will eventually have an impact on those higher levels.

Things like term limits, primary election reform, etc. are targets for those lower levels. Reforming primaries can be done by your local county party organizations. The folks elected at the lower levels impact the level above them, so having the most responsive, conservative, elected officials at the lowest levels will help shift that balance the direction we want. And if you know your guy/gal and like the way they are, try and help out in the neighboring district.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016

Cal68

I simply won't vote. I don't care if the Democrat is worse.

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    I still think it's going to be a slaughter in 2018.

As well it should be if they don't do the jobs that the people elected them into office to do. There are some Americans who voted republican in the last election looking for them to pass pro 2A laws like the HPA, repeal Obamacare, deal with illegal immigration, and address taxes. Well I am admittedly pessimistic, but I'm not holding my breath on Congress doing anything productive on any of those fronts.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    As well it should be if they don't do the jobs that the people elected them into office to do. There are some Americans who voted republican in the last election looking for them to pass pro 2A laws like the HPA, repeal Obamacare, deal with illegal immigration, and address taxes. Well I am admittedly pessimistic, but I'm not holding my breath on Congress doing anything productive on any of those fronts.

Yep. The Democrats are all fired up, and their turnout is going to be enormous. If the Republicans act like the spineless cowards they are, the turnout on the right will be terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom