• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    Everytime I see a "paint job" thread, I cringe a little, but that is friggin' sweet. I really like the color. It should be a factory option.:thumbsup:

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    Everytime I see a "paint job" thread, I cringe a little, but that is friggin' sweet. I really like the color. It should be a factory option.:thumbsup:

thanks :) i agree also...far to many people try to go for "taticool" camo paint jobs and stuff...their nice and all...but where is the style?

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    Ah, Duplicolor and Saigas. They go together like peanut butter and jelly :D

Love the plum furniture. Too bad the Russians never made any 7.62 mags in plum, the KVAR ones are expensive.

im not sure K-var makes plum ones...the only ones that i know of are bulgarian circle 10's...and yea, they are expensive because their insanely hard to find...which drives me insane lol

k-var does make plum 5 and 10 rounders though...

crabhab

Feb 14, 2007
    Nice looking AK. I just got a WASR 10/63 aqnd the Joe Poyer Book on AK's. I like learning about new platforms.

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    ars4.jpg

ars5.jpg

ars6y.jpg

ars7.jpg

ars8.jpg

Last edited:

Phoenix_55

Apr 19, 2011
    Virginia
    I have decided why I like this paint job so much. Its a perfect middle ground between "bad-ass gangster chrome that I use to apply my makeup" to "tactical....yet stylish"

Also, I LOVE the way that aimpoint sets on there with the 10 rounder. Very streamlined.

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    That turned out well. How durable is the finish? Have you scratched it, yet?

im quite surprised at how strong it is. when i reassembled the gun i let the safety do its thing, as it would normally remove paint and leave the "scratch" it just dented, if you will, the paint...did not remove it. also, i have taken the mount off several times so far and it has yet to remove any paint, even though it goes on and off quite tightly.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    im quite surprised at how strong it is. when i reassembled the gun i let the safety do its thing, as it would normally remove paint and leave the "scratch" it just dented, if you will, the paint...did not remove it. also, i have taken the mount off several times so far and it has yet to remove any paint, even though it goes on and off quite tightly.

i like how your gun turned out, so i decided to copy what you did. My pf-9 has been a rust magnet since i got it. Let's see how that duplicolor engine enamel will hold up to a handgun slide. it's much easier to swallow $6 for some dupli-color engine enamel w/ ceramic 500 degree in cast coat iron than it would be to get myself set up with duracoat. I figure if the finish starts f'n up, i've got basically a whole can left in do-over's.

1) strip everything out of slide(except for sights which i wanted to match the slide)
    2) scrub off finish with scotch brite pads.
    3) realize how pitted and unfinished factory kel-tec's are.
    4) remove oils from slide and prep it for paint.
    5) hose down a bunch of coats every 10 minutes for about 4 coats.
    6) let cure on rack(bent coated hanger up the firing pin hole.)
    7) toss back together for msf pictures and await approval

2011-06-08 19.01.38.jpg

facelift2.jpg

facelift 3.jpg

Last edited:

Dogabutila

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2010
    its the factory 5 rounder that it came with, i do have a last round hold open steel 30 rounder, but for around the house or taking pictures i like the look of the 5 rounder, seems more...sleek...i will be getting my hands on some circle 10 black 40 rounders though...

anyone on here have a plum circle 10 30 or 40 rounder?

Where did you get the last round hold open mags?

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    Where did you get the last round hold open mags?

funny story...2 winters ago i went down to the range during the blizzard...while i was whipping the 8 inches of snow off of the table i stumbled across the mag lol

i like how your gun turned out, so i decided to copy what you did. My pf-9 has been a rust magnet since i got it. Let's see how that duplicolor engine enamel will hold up to a handgun slide. it's much easier to swallow $6 for some dupli-color engine enamel w/ ceramic 500 degree in cast coat iron than it would be to get myself set up with duracoat. I figure if the finish starts f'n up, i've got basically a whole can left in do-over's.

1) strip everything out of slide(except for sights which i wanted to match the slide)
    2) scrub off finish with scotch brite pads.
    3) realize how pitted and unfinished factory kel-tec's are.
    4) remove oils from slide and prep it for paint.
    5) hose down a bunch of coats every 10 minutes for about 4 coats.
    6) let cure on rack(bent coated hanger up the firing pin hole.)
    7) toss back together for msf pictures and await approval

View attachment 39208

View attachment 39209

View attachment 39210

looks very nice, i quite like it. i hope it holds up well. so far i have not had any issues with rust or scratching.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    funny story...2 winters ago i went down to the range during the blizzard...while i was whipping the 8 inches of snow off of the table i stumbled across the mag lol

looks very nice, i quite like it. i hope it holds up well. so far i have not had any issues with rust or scratching.

Thanks. Just curious...how many coats did you spray on yours? I did 2 light and then two medium.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom