• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kevp

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2008
    I've been hearing about this company for some time, but they don't seem to be getting anything to market. Potential pitfalls to be aware of:

- New start weapons makers often rely on in-house testing and user beta testing when touting reliability. This typically falls way short of serious weapon system test and evaluation.
    - Many non-DOD Federal (FBI and one or two other agencies being exceptions) and state LE lack the resident expertise to adequately conduct serious evaluation of new weapon systems. They just don't have the expertise in-house and this is way above operator-level.

A couple observations from the website:

- The words used in the website do not indicate a serious in-house knowledge of how weapon system design features translate to user need.
    - If the charging handle really provides a truly reliable forward assist, why does there appear to be a traditional AR forward assist in the pictured weapons?
    - Same with the dust cover which seems to add a bunch of extra possible points of failure (springs, etc.) not to mention a solution looking for a problem.

This is not an indictment of their system, just some points to be cognizant of.

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    I am not a big AR guy but I like the concept behind the BEAR. I would be more in to it if parts were more available since it seems to use some proprietary hardware. If the company makes receivers for Colt's as well as components for the Hubble Telescope they cannot be that bad of a company.

ALBY

Jan 5, 2008
    BCPD Tac Team (SWAT) Tried them out, and they didnt fare well from what I was told, but then again they hate the HK UMP and G36C Rifles too.

baltimore swat * loves * g36, but carry m-4's.

know the armorer very well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alfontso

Latest threads

Top Bottom