• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • km04

Get crackin you muggs!!!!
    Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    I shoot CE Mutiny 250's, my wife and kids bought me some Easton Raiders65/80. Can I shoot these arrows or should I see if they kept the receipt? They were trying to do a really nice thing for me so I would hate to have to take them back or sell them. Thanks.

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    Looking at CE's arrow chart, you are teeter tottering on needing a 350 anyway which is right in the 63+ range. Throw some tips on them and see how they shoot. You need a bit stiffer spine to shoot broad heads anyway. She didn't do bad

km04

Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    I was able to change the Easton's out for some CE's. They are labeled as CE Heart Attacks. Did a little looking around and they seem to be only offered at Dick's, looks like a promo brand with a box store. I had those cut down and shot them. They seem ok so far.

km04

Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    Looking at CE's arrow chart, you are teeter tottering on needing a 350 anyway which is right in the 63+ range. Throw some tips on them and see how they shoot. You need a bit stiffer spine to shoot broad heads anyway. She didn't do bad

I looked at the CE chart and it said I should be using 250's. According to the chart, I don't need to bump up to 350's until my draw weight reaches 70 lbs. Now I could be reading the chart wrong because it gives you a formula to do that calculates your "adjusted" draw weight, and based on that I still should be shooting 250's.

wcm250f

May 13, 2013
    I would go 340 spine for your arrow length. I like the stiffer side better then teetering weak. Will tune much easier for most. Play with fletching and arrow tip weights

km04

Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    Here is software that Easton puts out every year where you can input your specs you are shooting and it'll tell you what size arrow you need.
    Thanks, I'll be using this.
    I would go 340 spine for your arrow length. I like the stiffer side better then teetering weak. Will tune much easier for most. Play with fletching and arrow tip weights

I think I'm going to stay with the 250's for now. I want to work on being a better shot with what I have now, then maybe move up. IF this fall season goes well I had planned on bumping up the puondage and I know that would mean bumping up the spine.

By the way, thanks to everyone who answered, you guys are awesome.

Sideways

Jan 24, 2010
    Eastern shore of Va.
    I am shooting a 27.5 draw length at 63lbs and had the same thoughts you did a few years ago.
    IMO it's not worth waiting, when I tried the stiffer arrow my bow tuned a lot easier with the 350's and shooting improved.
    With that being said every bow and shooter are different.

What length arrow are you shooting?
    I have a couple of 350's that I no longer use that you are welcome to have to try.

km04

Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    I am shooting a 27.5 draw length at 63lbs and had the same thoughts you did a few years ago.
    IMO it's not worth waiting, when I tried the stiffer arrow my bow tuned a lot easier with the 350's and shooting improved.
    With that being said every bow and shooter are different.

What length arrow are you shooting?
    I have a couple of 350's that I no longer use that you are welcome to have to try.

My DL is 27 in at 62 lbs. Thanks for the offer, now we have to figure out the logistics of picking them up!

Sideways

Jan 24, 2010
    Eastern shore of Va.
    Yes, your arrow length can be the same as your draw length but you can adjust the stiffness of your arrow by shooting a shorter or longer arrow, depending on what the bow likes.

KM, PM me your address and I will send you a 350 arrow cut to 27 inches

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    yeah shorter arrow makes for stiffer spine. back in the day i had a over draw on that allowed me to shoot shorter arrows with a 29 inch draw on my oneida aeroforce. i think i was shooting a 26 inch xx75 2017. could hit a groundhog in the eyeball at 45 yards with that set up.

km04

Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    Yes, your arrow length can be the same as your draw length but you can adjust the stiffness of your arrow by shooting a shorter or longer arrow, depending on what the bow likes.

KM, PM me your address and I will send you a 350 arrow cut to 27 inches

Sure thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom