• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo

If anyone from the ES that has been following this or visited OC and saw the signs, they finally made an arrest. I know I read on some facebook pages that the owner of the vehicle that hit the kid was not driving it and I thought was "cooperating" but still there was a lot of hearsay about the owner of the vehicle and what he was saying and not saying publicly.

WORCESTER CO., Md. – A Berlin man is facing charges in connection with the hit-and-run death of 14-year-old Gavin Knupp.

22-year-old Tyler Mailloux is facing multiple felony and misdemeanor charges in connection with the case, including failure to immediately stop vehicle at scene of accident involving bodily injury and failure to immediately stop vehicle at scene of accident involving death.

Worcester County State’s Attorney Kris Heiser says she can’t comment on pending cases, but did confirm the charges are connected to Knupp’s death. Knupp was struck on Grays Corner Road in July of 2022 in what Maryland State Police believed to be a hit and run.

Knupp Family Attorney Neil Dubovsky released the statement from the Knupp family:

“We are immensely grateful to Kris Heiser and her team for the diligence and hard work that led to the filing of these criminal charges against the defendant Tyler Mailloux. We also again want to express our appreciation to our family, friends and the entire community for their love and support. We will forever be grateful for the strength you have given us to keep fighting and we have only just begun.

This presents an important step towards accountability for Gavin’s death, but it is just a step in that direction. Let there be no confusion – we will not rest until that process is completed, both through this criminal prosecution in addition to pursuing any and all available civil remedies.”

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    IANAL, but the obvious H&R charge should have been made and pleaded to immediately. Accidents are accidents. This could be mostly behind the driver already.

Now he is in deep.

I don't think delay helped his case.

The civil/insurance case should be settled by now as well. I don't get it...

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I think he was drinking or had something else to hide. Obviously panicked. I am betting he says he left cause he thought he hit an animal. You are correct that running away made it worse and he is in deep doo doo. I will not be surprised if they get change of venue cause the locals will want to fry him. If you look at MD Case search, you can see all the charges plus his 2 prior traffic violations.

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    You are correct that running away made it worse and he is in deep doo doo.
    What I tried to say is, if his lawyer decided to fight any charges being filed, even one so obvious as the H&R it was a tactical error that wound up being a disservice to his client.
    I will not be surprised if they get change of venue cause the locals will want to fry him.
    They've had almost a year to get riled up about the rich kid "getting away with murder."

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    The accident occurred right in front of the Glen Riddle golf course on that side road that goes between Glen Riddle and 589. I've seen the signs on my way to get beer at the Citgo. My BIL knows the family, said the kid driving the car is a POS rich kid. The car was registered to his dad. 707 in that area is dangerous as there are no shoulders, bike riders have no where to go really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom