• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sar82007

Apr 6, 2013
    People's Republic of MD
    So I don't know if the MDSP or BATF or some other government agency is trying to set people up on armslist. But some guy hit me up for a handgun I was selling on there. And he was asking if I was still interested in selling it. Then he said, "If I pay cash will u take care of the paperwork for me?". I said can you elaborate. And he said "Naw I ain't the law bro but I mean can u take care of it bc I don't have a hql or anything I'm bout business I got the money just not the license". I sarcastically said "You want me to scratch off the serial number for you and report I lost it?" He said, "Yea that'll work just fine so ya name would be good cus i kno ppl dont like selling them in they names & shit backfire but when u think u gonna be ready?" mind you this was at 02:30 AM. He just sent me some pictures of himself. No trigger discipline. He also sent me a photo with him holding some bills. Also hes a fan of the Baltimore Orioles.
    I do not know if this guy is some really dumb criminal or dumb cop thinking I'm going to break the law. Anyone else have a similar experience?

Last edited:

5.56blaster

Ultimate Member
    I had one dealing with Armslist and it became so bizarre that I walked from it and never went on there again. Very close to what your talking about. I was dealing with a criminal or the law trying to make me a criminal. I ended up calling a POC at BATFE and passing on the info. Never heard anything about it afterword. It it feels wrong my guess it is wrong. RUN AWAY!!

sar82007

Apr 6, 2013
    People's Republic of MD
    I had one dealing with Armslist and it became so bizarre that I walked from it and never went on there again. Very close to what your talking about. I was dealing with a criminal or the law trying to make me a criminal. I ended up calling a POC at BATFE and passing on the info. Never heard anything about it afterword. It it feels wrong my guess it is wrong. RUN AWAY!!

Yeah I really feel like it is a shame there are agencies that try to make normal citizens into criminals. Such a waste of tax dollars if you ask me. I'm going to run away either way.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Seems par for the course based on what I've heard about Armslist, though I have never used it myself.

Few years back at a gun show my Dad and I were seeking out Valmet magazines. Asked a vendor with one of those giant magazine tables. A guy standing near by overheard us and stopped us in the crowd. Offered to set us up with his "contact" in Finland who could get Valmet parts "super easy" and have them shipped to the US. Gave us his phone number and everything.

Did not even consider calling him. Either he was dealing in illicit imports or he was ATF, either way it smelled fishy. Best to steer clear.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I would not have even responded with the sarcasm about the S/N. Now days that's probably enough for you to get a midnight visitation.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    There's places (issues) to skirt the law and places (issues) to play things straight up.

I'm not generally interested in anything that might be a felony...

If I don't know you or someone I TRUST didn't vouch for you, then we ain't talking guns or anything else. I'm too old to fool around with liars, cheats or ignoramuses.

Keep your distance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom