• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fishgutzy

MDS Supporter
    Aug 25, 2022
    AA County
    I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here.
    More folks with DC plates have carry permits not. Not many who visit DC have DC permits. Odds are better for a safe workplace if criminals target out of DC plated vehicles.
    Sort of like when Florida had special plates identifying rental cars. Criminals targeted them more often because they were thought to be safer. Florica got rid of those plates because crimes stats showed they were disproportionately targeted.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Why are all of our 'fair and balanced' local news media not on top of reporting this story?
    Because it appears to show lawful self-defense by a permitted carrier. Can't have that get around.

Also, MPD's Press Release says:

On Monday, July 17, 2023, 27-year-old Marcus Lavelle Thompson, of Southeast, DC, was arrested and charged with Armed Carjacking (Gun), Carrying a Pistol without a License, Possession of Unregistered Ammunition, and Possession of a Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device.

Shows you how pointless DC's Magazine Capacity Limit is.

Abagnale

Jan 27, 2022
    I wonder if they'll try to charge the victim for being to close to an area where permit carry is a no-no

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    More folks with DC plates have carry permits not. Not many who visit DC have DC permits. Odds are better for a safe workplace if criminals target out of DC plated vehicles.
    Sort of like when Florida had special plates identifying rental cars. Criminals targeted them more often because they were thought to be safer. Florica got rid of those plates because crimes stats showed they were disproportionately targeted.
    Appreciate the explanation. Thank you!

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    The driver should have just let the carjacker "take the car, it's only property" or the driver "should have drove away". The driver was "obviously looking for their first kill".

:smoke:

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    The driver should have just let the carjacker "take the car, it's only property" or the driver "should have drove away". The driver was "obviously looking for their first kill".

:smoke:
    its-alll-so-tiresome-tired.gif

Hope this guy talked to counsel before talking to the police.

Kanly

Feb 15, 2012
    Washington, DC
    DC has non-resident permits. What confuses some is that you also have to have a permit in your state of residence.
    That's incorrect about needing a home state permit.

There's a big thread on that from a few years ago.

People were reading the application wrong.

I had to post an exchange I had with the DC Firearms Unit commander at the time before some people here would believe you did not need a home state permit to apply for a DC permit.

Crosseye Dominant

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2018
    That's incorrect about needing a home state permit.

There's a big thread on that from a few years ago.

People were reading the application wrong.

I had to post an exchange I had with the DC Firearms Unit commander at the time before some people here would believe you did not need a home state permit to apply for a DC permit.

That's great! They didn't mention it in my DC/MD/VA class. I just read it on

And thought that was the latest info on the issue.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Yeah I am actually amazed at the amount of 2A sites out there that have the info wrong. Even some pro2A attorneys.

Maybe I'll send them an email and see what happens.
    It is a bit shocking how so much of this stuff winds up being "copy/paste" incorrect.

Curious what you hear back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom