• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jhartmac

Jan 7, 2007
    Virginia/maryland
    We did have a good turnout, and on this board we all know what we stand for, but what numbers do we really have state wide? The reason I ask this, we all knew O'Malley was anti gun, but yet he still won the election. With that said, is there a way to reach others outside this forum? I have a feeling most that are not aware would find out allll too late that they lost their right to a certain firearm or for that matter the future for their kids or freedoms. Maybe flyers on cars at Arundel Mills? I dunno.....

Kashmir1008

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 21, 2009
    Carroll County
    We did have a good turnout, and on this board we all know what we stand for, but what numbers do we really have state wide? The reason I ask this, we all knew O'Malley was anti gun, but yet he still won the election. With that said, is there a way to reach others outside this forum? I have a feeling most that are not aware would find out allll too late that they lost their right to a certain firearm or for that matter the future for their kids or freedoms. Maybe flyers on cars at Arundel Mills? I dunno.....

We have been coordinating outside of this forum. Facebook was a huge communication component for the rallies on the 19th and the 6th. Additionally, we distributed flyers, sent press releases and did interviews.

The most important thing here is that we each individually do something. There were in excess of 3000 of us on the 6th. If each of us is committed to returning and each of us brings one friend we can cover both days easily. We will be posting flyers in the next week or so that you can download and distribute.

Local gun clubs, gun shops, gun shows any place that will take them, the problem we have is that many of us have been complacent and many hunters never cared about AR 15s. We need to educate as many as we can about what is happening in Annapolis. This isn't even about guns anymore, they are trying to strip us of a civil right.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    MSI, AGC and MSRPA are all on the case, as well as word each of us spreads to others who aren't 'in the fold'.

NRA is performing a supporting role as well, which is a big logistical help.

Bottom line, though, is that this really IS a grass-roots effort. We all need to spread the word through clubs, coworkers, other associations, friends, family, whatever you can.

If only half the people from 2/6 can come, but they each bring a new person (or more), than we show a consistent front. If more from 2/6 come and bring others, well, Dunkin and Starbucks might need to order extra.

Atec

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    Maryland
    MSI, AGC and MSRPA are all on the case, as well as word each of us spreads to others who aren't 'in the fold'.

NRA is performing a supporting role as well, which is a big logistical help.

Bottom line, though, is that this really IS a grass-roots effort. We all need to spread the word through clubs, coworkers, other associations, friends, family, whatever you can.

If only half the people from 2/6 can come, but they each bring a new person (or more), than we show a consistent front. If more from 2/6 come and bring others, well, Dunkin and Starbucks might need to order extra.

Well I now have five going with me , I could pack prob ten more in the back of the pickup truck bed , but it may take a few hours for them to thaw !:lol2:
    Working on getting another truck or maybe we can rent a bus and meet at Joppa and Harford road. That would help a group coming from Harford and Baltimore County.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    We need to start posting stuff at gun ranges and gun shops (with permission of course). We also need to make sure hunters are actively engaged (the AR-15 is a hunting rifle afterall).

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    We need to start posting stuff at gun ranges and gun shops (with permission of course). We also need to make sure hunters are actively engaged (the AR-15 is a hunting rifle afterall).

We need to point out what California is trying to do... coming back for all the guns they didn't ban the first time.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    I went to Home Depot in Edgewood today to pick up some supplies. Saw a couple people I know that work there and started talking to them. Soon it became four of them. Fortunatly all four were pro 2A and I had them write down how to email the delegates and senate reps. hey were slightly aware of anti gun bills but really onle at the federal level. I believe this was a true sample of most Marylanders that just go about thier daily lives trying to survive.
    What would help with our cause when talking to these people is to have a small card per say that tells them the website and how to email the reps. It should also have telephone numbers to get to the state house and they could go from there with the operators help. It's going to be much harder to get them to take off of work to go to Annapolis and show us support so at a minimum we should ask them to send emails.
    Is there anyone out there that can make up this "card" I'm talking about so when printed it prints of say 8 or ten cards per sheet. Then just cut them and hand them out to pro 2A people.

Atec

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    Maryland
    Its a dam shame we cannot email all the people that MOM did with His hunting letter . And give them some additional information that they would need with dates and AGC links .:mad54:

Mr H

I'm feeling out an option or two for getting this information out to the people you're coming across.

For now, just have them read here (even as a guest), get to the MSI site, or go to Facebook.

Just hang tight.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I went to Home Depot in Edgewood today to pick up some supplies. Saw a couple people I know that work there and started talking to them. Soon it became four of them. Fortunatly all four were pro 2A and I had them write down how to email the delegates and senate reps. hey were slightly aware of anti gun bills but really onle at the federal level. I believe this was a true sample of most Marylanders that just go about thier daily lives trying to survive.
    What would help with our cause when talking to these people is to have a small card per say that tells them the website and how to email the reps. It should also have telephone numbers to get to the state house and they could go from there with the operators help. It's going to be much harder to get them to take off of work to go to Annapolis and show us support so at a minimum we should ask them to send emails.
    Is there anyone out there that can make up this "card" I'm talking about so when printed it prints of say 8 or ten cards per sheet. Then just cut them and hand them out to pro 2A people.

Way to be an ambassador! :thumbsup:

Mr H

I think IM going to do some PSA flyers explaining basically the realities of what we could loose.

Please hold off on that for the time being, and for the moment use the SB281 pamphlet on the MSI site... it's the "omnibus" version of most of what we're looking at. Yes, there are other, smaller bills that are significant.

I'll be working on a summary of all the bills tomorrow that will likely take me a good chunk of time and 2 computers, but what the hey...

:D

In the meantime...

Here's a quick Word doc I tossed together that will print nicely on Avery 8371 business card blanks (just flip the page over and print the back for 2-sided cards, if you don't have a 2-sided printer), that folks can hand out as-needed...

Attachments

• 2aquickcards.doc
      43.5 KB · Views: 62

Whitevan

Oct 14, 2010
    Don't know if we are having an effect? Google Raskin plays chess or look at his FB (deleted to 2011). Or look at O'Malley's or Frosh's FB page.

I never had a FB account until last week. Now my dad has one and we are showing his friends at the VFW how to as well.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    Being in Baltimore, I really want to court the african american and other minority population. We need this support. There is an excellent person on youtube to make reference to. He is Colion Noir. Paste his name in and view away. A very articulate gentleman. One of his videos referenced the Deacons for Defense and Justice. This armed defense group operated during the civil rights movement. They provided security for the integration of schools as well as for the marches of peaceful civil rights groups. Yup, they had armed security to prevent them from becoming "strange fruit". There is a decent wiki article on them. I'll hit the library eventually for some real scholarly research on this history.
    For those just plain Baltimore proud, there is always the Battle of North Point and the estimated 22,000 Maryland Militia that caused the british to retreat from the city's eastern defenses. The best is the two young snipers who are credited for taking out General Ross.
    I don't know if a history lesson can help form a pro 2A opinion in someone else but it did for me.

Mr H

Don't know if we are having an effect? Google Raskin plays chess or look at his FB (deleted to 2011). Or look at O'Malley's or Frosh's FB page.

I never had a FB account until last week. Now my dad has one and we are showing his friends at the VFW how to as well.

VFW members burning up the lines... FB, email, phone calls... should make a huge impact. Encourage them to focus on their own districts, and pick one or two bills at a time.

They think, now that they've started complaining about 90% of the emails/calls they're getting are from outside their districts, that we'll leave them alone. Time to flip it over to 100%, especially in 'anti' districts!

M4MD

Sep 14, 2012
    VFW members burning up the lines... FB, email, phone calls... should make a huge impact. Encourage them to focus on their own districts, and pick one or two bills at a time.

They think, now that they've started complaining about 90% of the emails/calls they're getting are from outside their districts, that we'll leave them alone. Time to flip it over to 100%, especially in 'anti' districts!

I've been hitting every single one of them every day for weeks. Hope they get aggrivated, that's the point!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom