Are these rifles regulated in MD (10/1) now?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I followed state police protocol and simply submitted the on line form to request a review of the ban. The review board makes the decision. Not sure who runs it at the police. The MSP have been meeting with FFL's for the past month trying to get issues they are facing as a result of the laws ambiguity resolved. One with whom I spoke today told me the MSP said if you think a gun is questionable they will pair to its supposed copy and see if the components work. I would think that most piston designs with heavy barrels will pass this test.

While it is "nice" that they are doing this, were do they get the authority to do it?

At least the Handgun review board is written in law, there is no "long gun" review board based in law, so again MSP is making things up as they go along.

Again, nice they are "working" with the community, but if they make a decision we do not like, were is the force of law to challenge it similar to the force of law with the hand gun review board?

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    While it is "nice" that they are doing this, were do they get the authority to do it?

At least the Handgun review board is written in law, there is no "long gun" review board based in law, so again MSP is making things up as they go along.

Again, nice they are "working" with the community, but if they make a decision we do not like, were is the force of law to challenge it similar to the force of law with the hand gun review board?

You sue them.

Ports

Aug 11, 2014
    I doubt the Sig516 will make it to Not Banned. The company advertises as a military grade chrome lined phosphated barrel. The HK was unbanned due to piston and heavy match barrel. But it would be worth a try to challenge it.

Ports

Aug 11, 2014
    I picked up my new HK556 lsat week. Used Atlatnic Guns in Sivler Spring. They are listed dealer on HK website. Looking forward to shooting it in few weeks when i can get the range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom