Are there any students on here going to this?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    Students for Concealed Carry on Campus Announces Its First National Conference

On August 1, 2008, college students from throughout the United States will attend the first Students for Concealed Carry on Campus National Conference, at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C.

This distinguished, one-day event will feature many noteworthy speakers and guests. Among them will be Dr. John R. Lott, world reputed scholar and author of More Guns Less Crime: Understanding Crime and Gun Control Laws.

SCCC's national organizers strongly encourage all members to attend this historic event. Those in attendance will have an opportunity to meet and network with like-minded individuals from throughout the United States, make important contacts, hear world-renowned scholars speak about concealed carry on college campuses and visit the nation's capital.

I recently got elected to graduate student President of the Chemistry and Biochemistry Department at UMDCP. I'm also a graduate rep on the student affairs committee and to the presidents office. So I may be able to get some audience to hear my case for CCW on campus (but the paradox is MD's carry laws).

It may be a long shot, but I think I may be able to make some progress this year.

It would be great to see some other students from Maryland down there in DC. I can't wait to hear what shit Helmke will try to feed everyone.
    http://www.bradycampaign.org/ these fine people will be there (may be the last time, they could go broke soon)

If you don't take this seriously, please hang out at night in the hotel. Come drink afterwards @ http://www.finnmaccoolsdc.com/

It should be a blast, but I'm not sure what media outlets will be there.

banner1.gif

I hope some of you from Maryland's Higher education system show.

ThePhantomPatriot

Politically Incorrect
    Its pointless, maryland will never have ccw. sounds more like gun control advocates need to goto this meeting, not firearm owners because we already know that more guns in the hands of law abiding citizens= less crime.

oh and i clicked the brady link you posted... this made me laugh
    http://www.bradycampaign.org/issuesarchive/terrorgap/

Closing the Terror Gap:
    Denying Firearms to Terrorists
    (S. 1237/H.R. 2074)

Position: The Brady Campaign supports the Terror Gap bill.

Problem: Federal authorities can't stop sales of guns — including military-style assault weapons — by dealers to known or suspected terrorists because of gaps in current law.

The Threat: There is government-documented evidence that terrorists have armed themselves with guns purchased in the U.S.

Urgency: This Terror Gap threatens our safety. We don't want to wait until after a tragedy occurs. We can do something about it now.

Solution: Congress must pass the bill to Close the Terror Gap to stop known or suspected terrorists from buying guns.

Three months after September 11, 2001, the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence released a report that detailed how terrorists use weak gun laws to amass firearms in the United States.

The findings in the report are still germane today: terrorists and guns go together. Firearms are part of the essential tool kit of domestic and foreign terrorists alike. Guns are used to commit terrorist acts, and guns are used by terrorists to resist law enforcement efforts at apprehension and arrest.

the gov. and other corrupt campaigns always use psychological warfare by using the term "terrorism" to strike fear in sheeple. we have not had a terrorist attack or threat for that matter since 9/11, if you even believe it was terrorists in the first place, but thats another debate for another time. also the terror alert level is b.s. since we havent had an attack it should be low, but we're still in the mid level. during the upcoming elections they will raise it the next notch up because they think thats when another attack could occur. anyhow with open borders we could have people coming up and just waiting, but seriously if someone was gonna attack the u.s. they would've done it by now. the last time i checked "terrorists" use full auto rifles and don't by from the gunshop down the road from you and i, they are smuggled in as well. people, i mean sheeple are so easy to scare and con into thinking that gunshops sell to terrorists, gangs and criminals. if everyone was educated on firearms there wouldn't be so much fear of them. also i believe the weapon of choice for a "terrorist" would be a knife that can pass through a metal detector and a tnt belt, rather than a gun depending on the situation/mission. just my $.02

JasonMD85

Aug 16, 2006
    I will be at work, or I would certainly come support the cause with you Mark. Let me know how it turns out though.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    I don't mean to hijack your thread Mark. I support what your doing and hope it will at least raise awareness into the need for responsible students to carry concealed.

What Skitz posted though:

Do you have to be a US citizen to purchase a firearm?

txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    Ok so I'll be in DC sometime friday, If your around, just call 443-244-0091. If there is any good debate, speaker, 1 on 1 with anti-gunners, or I meet some Brady Campaign intern and bring her back to my hotel, I'll be sure to make a video and post it on here.

txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    There is not one college student on here?

wtf? I better bring some MDshooters.com flyers to DC to hand out, and staple a few to the Brady Camp's HQ.

JasonMD85

Aug 16, 2006
    Next time let me know early Mark, and I will take off work to help you out. Just too short notice for me. At least I won't have to worry about trying to park a crew cab, long bed, 2500 4x4 in Annapolis again, like the AWP case.. That was ... an experience.. :D

txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    yet another reason why we should have CCW on campus.

http://www.huliq.com/65518/cougar-invades-college-park-campus
    A large cat rumoured to be a cougar has been spotted on the campus of the University of Maryland in College Park. This has prompted the authorities of University of Maryland to issue an alarm, alerting students of a "possible cougar" on the College Park campus.

The cat was spotted near Cole Field House and the Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center and along a wooded area near the Comcast Center.

People who claim to have seen the large cat claim that they saw the cat at least two times and described it as "light tan and tawny brown, about 4 feet long with a 4 foot tail, and weighing about 50 pounds."

People had mixed reactions the event said Erin McManus says that the sighting of the Cougar is both exciting and bad at the same time.
    "I think it would be cool to see it. It's not something you see in the wild everyday," said McManus. The majority of people are taking this warning very seriously.

"With kids, children on the campus for camps, we have all sorts of things going on. We can't leave a wild animal wondering around among them," said University of Maryland Police Capt. John Bradt.

The police say that it would have been much easier for them to trace the Cougar had there been any evidence of a kill in woods filled with deer. They have since engaged wildlife experts to come up with a plan of action.

The cougar is a mammal of the Felidae family, native to the Americas. This large, solitary cat has the greatest range of any wild terrestrial mammal in the Western Hemisphere, extending from Yukon in Canada to the southern Andes of South America.

An adaptable, generalist species, the cougar is found in every major New World habitat type. It is the second heaviest cat in the New World, after the jaguar, and the fourth heaviest in the world, along with the leopard after the tiger, lion, and jaguar, although it is most closely related to smaller felines.

Winking-Cougar-Print-C10054490.jpeg

Cadet08

Gone
    Nov 13, 2006
    I was a student I just finished my last class. and I am in SC and a 100% of my campus open carries "assault rifles".

tpy77

Ultimate Member
    Sep 27, 2007
    P.G. Co.
    yet another reason why we should have CCW on campus.

http://www.huliq.com/65518/cougar-invades-college-park-campus

Winking-Cougar-Print-C10054490.jpeg

The animal spotted on the campus Thursday is not a cougar, University Police said in a campus alert sent out to students Friday.

After the animal was spotted again Friday afternoon near the same wooded area it was seen Thursday, University Police searched the location and obtained video of the feline, which is now available on the department's website. Images from the video were then shown to the state Department of Natural Resources, who confirmed the animal is not a cougar.

Instead, the animal appears to be a Savannah Cat, a hybrid of a domestic short hair cat and a Serval, a larger African feline, the campus alert said. The Savannah Cat can grow to be as large as 35 pounds, which may have led to why those who spotted the cat thought they saw a cougar, an animal that is native only to Florida and states west of the Mississippi River.:rolleyes:

In fact, the state Department of Natural Resources :mdpatriot:has doubted the animal was a cougar since the sightings begin at 6 a.m. yesterday and continued while local news media and University Police searched the campus for the feline.:bigwhoop:

However, the animal is still on the loose, and students, faculty and staff members are encouraged to continue to call in their sightings to University Police so the department can catch the feline, the campus alert said.:cop:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom