Are the AA county Police staking out shooting ranges?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Quacker

Oct 6, 2011
    SOMD
    http://www.capitalgazette.com/maryl...district-gun-arrests-0116-20160115-story.html

"The first incident occurred around 4 p.m. in the 2600 block of Annapolis Road in Severn. Police were in the area when they noticed Thomas David Preschel, 25, exit his vehicle and go toward the trunk where he took out multiple rifle cases.

Police ran Preschel's name through databases and found he was prohibited from possessing firearms. They then approached Preschel, confirmed his identity and arrested him."

Maybe I am reading too much into this. After I read the first case in the article I Googled that location.

That is next to On Target.

Are the police sitting in the parking lot and running license plates and then the names of registered car owners?

Quacker

Oct 6, 2011
    SOMD
    I hope it is a spirited discussion over there in the WC.

At the rate I post on here I should earn my access to the WC in about another 1.5 years.

I have no issue with the LEO's getting the bad guys.

Maybe they followed this guy from his house to the range. Maybe his ex- called the police and told him what he was doing.

Maybe they already knew he was a prohibited person and they just happened to be grabbing a bite to eat nearby and saw him retrieve the gun cases.

But the article gives me the impression they just set up shop in the parking lot and started to run car tags and linking them to names. If that is the case or even close to it then I am concerned.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I hope it is a spirited discussion over there in the WC.

At the rate I post on here I should earn my access to the WC in about another 1.5 years.

I have no issue with the LEO's getting the bad guys.

Maybe they followed this guy from his house to the range. Maybe his ex- called the police and told him what he was doing.

Maybe they already knew he was a prohibited person and they just happened to be grabbing a bite to eat nearby and saw him retrieve the gun cases.

But the article gives me the impression they just set up shop in the parking lot and started to run car tags and linking them to names. If that is the case or even close to it then I am concerned.

Separate these paragraphs into separate posts and you're nearly there ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom