• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I found a SAR-8 BY OLYMPIC ARMS made in Greece under license of HK, so if it being a copy of the HK91 then its a NoGo in MD, Correct or No?
    You are correct. Or, potentially, it's the aluminum receiver model that no one likes. Either way, don't buy it.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

Attachments

• DSC_0076.jpg
      DSC_0076.jpg
      96.2 KB · Views: 255

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Did someone mention the PTR-91?

ak4b clone.jpg

I totally want a PTR-32 SBR at some point, but am still working out funding priorities.

namelessname120

Jul 6, 2011
    Is it hard to put a stock on the ptr 91 pistol? I've been reading up on it and it seems that the pistol rod has to be replace or added to the stock of choice (welded ) ? Apparently just adding on certain stocks (a3 collapsible stock) won't cycle the rounds properly unless swapping the rods .

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Is it hard to put a stock on the ptr 91 pistol? I've been reading up on it and it seems that the pistol rod has to be replace or added to the stock of choice (welded ) ? Apparently just adding on certain stocks (a3 collapsible stock) won't cycle the rounds properly unless swapping the rods .

I am not aware on any mods made on the pistol version that take it out of original spec. If anyone knows differently - that would be noteworthy.

That being said - one thing nice about this platform (i.e. HK91 clone) is you find magazines and parts and they not as pricey as (e.g.) a FAL or M14. I am fairly certain that you can (provided it's legal where you live, or registered as an SBR, etc.) put a stock on that weapon.

I am absolutely happy with my PTR-91. The only other semi-auto 308 I would want is a FN SCAR 17, and those are a lot more $$$. A reliable and cost effective platform.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD

Atlantic Firearms.com

Industry Partner
    Jul 31, 2011
    Yes that is correct the K pistol takes normal stocks , the 51 P would take special set up because of the recoil rod

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom