Are new Inland Manufacturing M1 Carbines Maryland legal?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 2.25.58 PM.jpg
      Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 2.25.58 PM.jpg
      46.4 KB · Views: 758

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    Bought the Auto-Ordnance M1 instead.

A friend has one and loves it and the Auto-Ordnance gets a lot better reviews than the Inland Manufacturing one.

It will go nicely with my 99.9% correct 1943 GM/Inland Bavarian Rural Police M1 Carbine.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 4.34.55 PM.jpg
      Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 4.34.55 PM.jpg
      21.4 KB · Views: 727

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    As I recall, you can't have BOTH a folding stock AND a flash hider, but otherwise, no problem even with a folding stock ( such as the Choate used by the Israelis).

Even the 15 round mags are perfectly legal to possess and use: just can't acquire them in Maryland.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I will say this though; the M1 Carbine that I have from CMP sure is reasonably accurate for a 1944 vintage crappy looking little carbine (It's an Inland mutt - nothing special). I can shoot off-hand at a silhouette target 200 yards away and they all hit the paper. Sure, that's like 3 MOA (6" circle), but I bet a run of the mill Mini-14 using irons can't so that.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I will say this though; the M1 Carbine that I have from CMP sure is reasonably accurate for a 1944 vintage crappy looking little carbine (It's an Inland mutt - nothing special). I can shoot off-hand at a silhouette target 200 yards away and they all hit the paper. Sure, that's like 3 MOA (6" circle), but I bet a run of the mill Mini-14 using irons can't so that.

Shooting 3 MOA offhand is nothing to be ashamed of.

Or is that the bull, while you're actual group is 7 MOA? Even that is no cause to be embarrassed.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015

That’s about my 1942 inland carbine. I can squeeze about 2MOA accuracy out of it by tuning the load, but it’s generally about 2.5MOA. Sweet off hand shooting. A hoot to rip out a 15 round mag at clay pigeons on the 50yd berm. Longer range it does just fine with. It’s stretching it past 200 where it gets dicey, but that is as much me and irons. Unless it’s windy, then it’s the wind and the light bullets :-)

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    We have a Paratrooper Model in stock. You can even have the 15 round magazine when you buy from us in VA.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    I checked out a Auto Ordnance carbine yesterday. When I first looked at it, I thought the receiver was plastic or that new type of black polymer they make lowers out of these days.
    It was 950.00 or so maybe 999 when I picked it up. Had a 15 rnd mag and a blonde colored birch/beech stock it seemed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    partyboytowsonhigh1956

Latest threads

Top Bottom