• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • km04

Get crackin you muggs!!!!
    Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    I've spent a good bit of time on DNR's website and coulsn't find anything about it, but I have seen on one of the archery forums I go to, that they are illegal in MD.

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    They are legal in Maryland however, if you desire to submit your deer for pope and young, it will not be recognized. Use of electronic aids a a disqualifying factor.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    They are legal in Maryland however, if you desire to submit your deer for pope and young, it will not be recognized. Use of electronic aids a a disqualifying factor.

really? I dont see how they are a shooting aid. Its not like a laser sight or something. They're mostly just cool to shoot and i suppose they could aid in tracking and arrow recovery in low light.

Billman

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
    May 18, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    The lighted nocks are legal, for now. They will probably be outlawed soon when the new quiver capacity law passes. No more high capacity quivers. Why would anybody need a high capacity quiver?:lol2:

It's for the children...

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    Aren't lighted nocks "tactical?"

Not really, it just makes it easier for people to track the arrows path back to you so I would say they are anti-tactical. :)
    All kidding aside, dont let feinstein find out about them or she will want to ban them along with sticks and strings because everyone knows that they increase a bows deadliness by one bajillion percent. Especially if that person has a bow shroud or a shoulder thing which goes up, or heaven forbid one of those "things which tell time" as seen on Ralphie Parker's red ryder assault rifle.:innocent0

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Oh, man... Billman let the cat out of the bag about the high capacity quivers and I'm sure those will get someone's attention!!:rolleyes:

And then Shaddydan has to give O'Malley an 'evil' feature to consider for bows! Good grief!

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    How would they know a hunter used a lighted nock when the deer was killed?

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    How would they know a hunter used a lighted nock when the deer was killed?
    I suppose they wouldnt know unless somone blew the whistle on you. It is still considered cheating, i wouldn't feel comfortable with my name in a record book knowing i cheated but i guess some people are spineless and wouldn't blink. I havent read the rules throughly but there could be a reward for turning in cheaters.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    I suppose they wouldnt know unless somone blew the whistle on you. It is still considered cheating, i wouldn't feel comfortable with my name in a record book knowing i cheated but i guess some people are spineless and wouldn't blink. I havent read the rules throughly but there could be a reward for turning in cheaters.
    You are being sarcastic.......................right??

If not, could you please give a detailed explanation of how using a lighted knock is cheating or aiding in the killing of an animal in any way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom