• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    that is awesome. That is why our cars have high mileage. We would always take our girls on decent couple hour drives from Germantown through Westminster, or VA like Leesburg, or through Gettysburg and try to get lost to explore and find our way home. It was a great way to relax, be with family, talk about things, reflect, etc. Never regretted and never will. Aweseome memories I will take to my grave, my friend. Glad you do the drives, as well.

Yeah , with the Covid-19 thingy going on we would just ride to Gettysburg and then drive around PA . Grab lunch at a burger joint and eat on folding chairs at the back of my van .

Go to Mall parking lots over the summer and have coffee in the middle of the lot . My parents did it with my brothers and I and i have done it all my life . That is one of the reasons i own a motorcycle to get on in the morning and get home later . It cost money to have some fun

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    Man, Welder, you MUST be pissed, tossing F bombs and BS grenades right and left! I agree with you though, and I work part time at a small gun shop down here in the "Commonpoverty" of VA, close to the DMZ between MD and VA. We deal with MD residents, maybe not daily, but at least weekly. If there is a question or concern, we stop and look stuff up and try to find a legal answer, not "make S--T up on the fly", as I have seen some do. Making extra rules up is what killed the reputations of shops like "The Peace Token" on Rt 13.

The only peculiarity we have is we do NOT accept guns shipped in for transfer to local residents from a non-FFL out of the local area. That is my boss's prerogative, and that's that. Perhaps you should obtain an FFL and open up a retail store up there, where no one can tell you what to do, or how to run your store or manage your FFL bound books? (Okay, no one except the Maryland authorities, the ATF, licensing boards, zoning boards and every pissed off anti-gunner that sees you, your store and your FFL as a blight on a safe society to be erased by any means necessary.)

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Man, Welder, you MUST be pissed, tossing F bombs and BS grenades right and left! I agree with you though, and I work part time at a small gun shop down here in the "Commonpoverty" of VA, close to the DMZ between MD and VA. We deal with MD residents, maybe not daily, but at least weekly. If there is a question or concern, we stop and look stuff up and try to find a legal answer, not "make S--T up on the fly", as I have seen some do. Making extra rules up is what killed the reputations of shops like "The Peace Token" on Rt 13.

The only peculiarity we have is we do NOT accept guns shipped in for transfer to local residents from a non-FFL out of the local area. That is my boss's prerogative, and that's that. Perhaps you should obtain an FFL and open up a retail store up there, where no one can tell you what to do, or how to run your store or manage your FFL bound books? (Okay, no one except the Maryland authorities, the ATF, licensing boards, zoning boards and every pissed off anti-gunner that sees you, your store and your FFL as a blight on a safe society to be erased by any means necessary.)

If you listen to the video another member posted it will explain exactly what is wrong with the gun store i m referring to .

Sorry about the on-line cussing , i tend to rant strong then let it go . I am sure that is what lots of folks do .

The truth is some people are lazy , i am not a tech savvy guy (old school) and i went to the ATF website and they have a section for each state what is allowed and what is not allowed . I found it in 5 minutes , think of a store that sells thousands of guns a year and can not streamline it's operations .

Like the guy in the video it only takes minutes and it is part of the sale . The store is imposing more laws on us a US citizens , we already fight the states we live in now we have to fight gun stores to make lawful purchases . :sad20::sad20:

I did a job i quoted and charged the customer less then quote price , and the guy was blown away . Within a week he had another job for 22K down my shop . Customer service and doing right will always make more sales . Prove me wrong;)

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I have explained that in a previous post about going for a drive with my son and getting out with him .

Yes but as i stated think about the shop owner and is it worth his time to do the research? If he’s anything like my boss it’ll cost him 3 hours if his say to find google lol

You obviously can’t put a monetary price on hanging out with your family!

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I've based most my life on this theorem. I know what an hour of my life is worth, monetarily speaking. If things don't add up, I take the smaller loss and move on.

Yeah I’ve missed out on some great deals or cool things because price + travel + time (both ways) don’t equal savings.

I sell mostly on consignment now. I take a mini hit but it saves in the long run.

I also put things in terms of nanny hours. Our nanny gets $20 an hour. For me to drive to Waldorf to save $80 in the end I’m actually saving $20 not including my trave/time.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Yes but as i stated think about the shop owner and is it worth his time to do the research? If he’s anything like my boss it’ll cost him 3 hours if his say to find google lol

You obviously can’t put a monetary price on hanging out with your family!

Look at the video the MDS member provided , it is spot on . Be honest a sale or transfer will not take 3 hours . Sales will take some time (Yes) but 3 hours gimme a break . If it takes 3 hours to do a sale you need to get out of the business .

Like i stated before i own a company and sometimes you have to do the work .Being lazy is an excuse .

Lawful purchase is a lawful purchase , and if a gun store don't want to make a lawful sale then they are part of the problem as well as our government .
    Further imposing restrictions on our guns rights ...can't believe gun stores would do that

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Look at the video the MDS member provided , it is spot on . Be honest a sale or transfer will not take 3 hours . Sales will take some time (Yes) but 3 hours gimme a break . If it takes 3 hours to do a sale you need to get out of the business .

Like i stated before i own a company and sometimes you have to do the work .Being lazy is an excuse .

Lawful purchase is a lawful purchase , and if a gun store don't want to make a lawful sale then they are part of the problem as well as our government .
    Further imposing restrictions on our guns rights ...can't believe gun stores would do that

The sale/transfer obviously won’t but your asking him to research law as i recall. I’m in an odd subset of investigations and i get tasked with the most random crap daily. I have spent 4-5 hours researching laws only to realize that i still don’t think I’m legally allowed enforce whatever the task is. That’s 5 hours if pay just to learn the task falls somewhere else like a civil agency.

My story obviously has no bearing here but let’s say he’s values his time at $50 an hour. Let’s say he’s going to make $50 off the deal. You ask him to research md laws to complete the sale. It takes him an hour to feel confident of your obvious legality. Net profit = 0

I’m not trying to argue with you or say you’re wrong. I just feel like from your responses you’re thinking me me me and I’m trying to get you to look at it logically from his side. That’s all. I actually understand his side, cuz I’m a person who thinks like that. Or i guess i should say how i believe he is thinking. He could just be a total ass bag, i dunno.

Maybe send him the law in an email. Express your displeasure but after he reads it he will come around to other future buyers. I know you e washed your hands of it.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Thank God for people like
    MSI, who are not making "my time per hour" calculations. They are instead doing pro bono work, with some of these folks having skill sets that make their time a helluva lot more valuable than most.

We're at war with these gun grabbing and anti-freedom motherless fu(ks. It's not a shooting war. Not yet anyway, and thank God for that.

Gun shops should be our allies. Yeah, even when it takes extra effort and commitment. We have more than an ample supply of enemies. And we debate even the dregs like CTD here? Da Fuq.

Shop can't be bothered? Too much time or effort? Got it. There's an app for that.

See ya! AMF

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Thank God for people like
    MSI, who are not making "my time per hour" calculations. They are instead doing pro bono work, with some of these folks having skill sets that make their time a helluva lot more valuable than most.

We're at war with these gun grabbing and anti-freedom motherless fu(ks. It's not a shooting war. Not yet anyway, and thank God for that.

Gun shops should be our allies. Yeah, even when it takes extra effort and commitment. We have more than an ample supply of enemies. And we debate even the dregs like CTD here? Da Fuq.

Shop can't be bothered? Too much time or effort? Got it. There's an app for that.

See ya! AMF

Spot , on. You should see the two emails of BS they sent me. Laughable.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    I have always said that many gun stores are two faced friends...kind to your face when you’re buying there, but stabbing you in the back in regards to laws that requires going through them for firearm and ammo related purchases. They act like politicians.
    With information at your fingertips due to the technology we have today, not one shop should be using the excuse that they don’t have info in regards to selling. MSP website is one click away. I’ll out two right now who I refuse to do business with:
    Palmetto State armory and Grice gun shop in Clearfield PA.
    Grice gun shop: In 2012 they refused to sell me 25 round mags for a 10/22 because they said that they were illegal to own in MD. I showed them in black and white that was false. They didn’t care.
    Palmetto State: I placed an order for 2 Ruger 10/22 compacts and selected one of their dealers to ship to. The dealer I selected is a veteran and co worker who was getting his business started. Palmetto contacted me for my driver’s license and the next day contacted me and told me that they couldn’t sell the rifles to me because the FFL I chose was in a different state. The FFL is right across the river in WV...I can see WV from my front yard. I challenged them about stating that it’s perfectly legal to purchase long guns in a different state as long as its legal in my home state. Then they came back and said that they couldn’t sell them to me because the 10/22s weren’t legal in Maryland. They refused to look at the link to MSP I sent them proving them wrong. They immediately took the money out of my account when I “purchased”, but they took several days to refund my money when THEY cancelled the sale. I have let quite a few deals go because I refuse to do business with people like that.

chuck

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 1, 2016
    Anne Arundel
    I've seen good ones and bad ones. I've been to a local shop that was nothing but a business, and I would not be surprised if they supported the "LQL". However a year ago I would have said that GymRatz was our friends, so don't listen to anything I have to offer.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Ohhh , another funny thing reading their bid page . It states something to the effect of ..If you decide you want to pick up the item at our store please do not mail check , pay on day of pick up .

This is not word for word but close to . I don't know how to capture exact words .

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    Here you go-

AB07F69D-D063-4F00-B47D-7C6B3164E08E.jpg

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Thank You

It also says you have to use a FFL which they are or should be .

The sale fits all laws ..They are an FFL and as stated on left hand side you can pick up in store . Says nothing about resident or non-resident and to make sure everyone sees they highlighted the most important sections of concern or information .

Last edited:

Sarfs1

Mar 20, 2020
    its not annoying enough to scare of buyers so.........make it worse. We all jump thru hoops while those buying on the street find the process quite simple i assume

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Is Food Lion, Giant or Lowe's your "friend"? No and they're not in business to be.

If they don't do right by me m they can stick their products up their ass .

And you do realize i used the term friends loosely as a 2A term . It was not a literal term . A "friend" would help you move

Last edited:

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    You are confusing "Gross" and "Net"
    I would rather make 10 a week and sell for 400, at a 350.00 profit for each unit, working 1-2 days,
    Instead of working 6 days a week making 1000 units at a profit of $3 per unit.

So the question is whether I want to make $4k or $25k a week? That is easy to answer.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I called the store where the gun is (FFL Store) talked to the guy that runs the GB sales , he was a decent enough guy on the phone . He says the PA system of background checks is different all inquiries go thru PA State Police and not the Feds.
    He said it could take hours and sometimes days to get approved because the system is so busy ??? I would believe the system is busy with new buyers . But days ??? You could become dis-qualified in that many days or even if it is 6 hours .

What is the real deal for you PA buyers can you shed some light on that for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom