• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • somoss

Silver Spring
    Feb 18, 2006
    any recommendations for Montgomery county or nearbby that has archery beginner classes or summer camp appropriate for a 7 year old. my daughter is interested and i want her to see other kids specially girls shooting.
    thanks

Fishguy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Iwla Damascus has an archery range and kids archery classes are taught throughout the fair weather months. Probably need to be a member, but maybe not for the classes. They have loaner bows and gear and when my little girl did it last year, they were lots of girls her age in the class. Check out the website and shoot them a quick e-mail if interested.

cow goes mooo

Huh? What?...
    Mar 26, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD
    Highly Highly suggest the DC Archery Club DC Archery Club. Its a fairly large group of archers of all different ages and disciplines (recurve, compound, traditional) that meets at the Archery range at Lake Needwood almost every Saturday from 1pm to 5pm. They do an intro lesson to archery at 2pm every session. I myself am a member, shoot with them, and can tell you they are really really good people.

Donation are requested but not required to participate.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    HoCo Parks & Rec runs an archery camp in the summer. My daughter and a few of her friends have attended.

You'll have to check if out-of-county residents can sign up.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    Izaak Walton in Rockville, (Waring Station Road) has a great archery program on Sundays throughout the summer. You don't have to be a member but it is a very popular program and you need to sign up asap to get a spot. Visit the website for contact info or PM me and I will give you a contact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom