• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ItsGarand

-> TEUFELSBERG <-
    May 28, 2008
    Annapolis, MD
    Gents,

I am in need of a stripped AR15 Lower to complete my HBAR. Do you have any recommendations of local places (central MD) to pick up one? Price is a consideration - I don't need anything fancy.

I work pretty close to Fulton, but they no longer sell face to face (no transfer).

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    if price is a consideration, gun connection won't help you.

why don't you get into the lower group buy going on ?

I've never had an issue with Gun Connection; it's a great shop. I've bought 2 guns there now. What was your problem there?

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    just a bit high...last time I was in there, the least expensive stripped lower (cmmg I think) was around 130....

That seems about right for a cmmg. They run $100-120 online + shipping + FFL transfer.

I also do put some value on good service, and they've always been very helpful to me there. Although the same goes for most of our IPs.

ItsGarand

-> TEUFELSBERG <-
    May 28, 2008
    Annapolis, MD
    If your talking about Fulton armory you might want to give 2A Sales a call, he's in the little shopping center across rout 1 from Fulton.

Yes, I actually stopped in there today. Being that close, I though he might have at last one or two. He didn't really have any lowers actually.

Nice guy by the way...

Forest

The AR guy
    Jul 13, 2011
    Yes, I actually stopped in there today. Being that close, I though he might have at last one or two. He didn't really have any lowers actually.

That's unusual. He usually has one or two in the tall display case. I'm sure he'll have more soon if he's out.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010

Nice guy by the way...

Mark's a great guy. He had some LRB lowers at a great price not long ago. Did you ask when he might get more lowers in or if he could order you one? He's definitely my preferred dealer since he's great to work with, will get you anything you want, and has great prices too.

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    I would pm Dan at Gun Connection for the price of the CMMG lowers right now. Bought one from him on Saturday. Second one I got there.

ItsGarand

-> TEUFELSBERG <-
    May 28, 2008
    Annapolis, MD
    Just curious do guys sell em? I would like to buy one locally as opposed to online if possible.

Yes, but you have to define "guys". They are a controlled item in this state (basically think pistol).

The CMMGs that are being sold by a couple of gun shops are a good deal. One place has them for 106 and another 118 OTD. For those of you that are thinking about buying one of them you should know the following (which was not disclosed to be before I drove an hour to get one).

The lowers are blemished. They all have a crescent shaped milling mark on the right side of the lower. They should be considered "seconds" and is why they are "on sale". They are no doubt functional in all respects but if you are looking for a perfectly machined lower, these are not for you.

Receivers at both shops exhibited the blem. I would have liked to know that before I drove an hour (would have purchased it anyway) but it was a courtesy that was not extended me.

Steve973

Enthusiast
    Feb 7, 2012
    Howard County
    Don't forget to check out Palmetto State Armory. They have really, really nice stripped lower receivers for $80 plus FFL. Actually, all of their stuff seems to be very nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom