• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    Finally received my new Rifle :thumbsup::party29:, sorry No Pics will post next Leave...sorry...

Fired 150 rounds Steel, had 30rd and 10 rd Mags, the 30rdrs ASC ran flawlessly, the 10rdrs had Bolt Catch issues...

No Scope Yet, ran on BUIS no issue after BZO'd...

Daughter Fired it as well and Now I need to save up for Her possible New Rifle...SHe's a Lefty so I might surprise her...or just might do a upper for a lefty...don't know what caliber yet?

purchased the rifle from Orion Gun out of PA...16" SS Fluted HBAR...under $800.00...PM if you want POC...

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Finally received my new Rifle :party29:, sorry No Pics will post next Leave...sorry...

Fired 150 rounds Steel, had 30rd and 10 rd Mags, the 30rdrs ASC ran flawlessly, the 10rdrs had Bolt Catch issues...

No Scope Yet, ran on BUIS no issue after BZO'd...

Daughter Fired it as well and Now I need to save up for Her possible New Rifle...SHe's a Lefty so I might surprise her...or just might do a upper for a lefty...don't know what caliber yet?

purchased the rifle from Orion Gun out of PA...16" SS Fluted HBAR...under $800.00...PM if you want POC...
    In that caliber it doesn't need to be hbar does it?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Boneuphtoner

Feb 8, 2016
    MoCo
    I thought the HBAR issue only applied to 223/556? That is what my gun dealer told me anyways...

As of a couple of months ago, I ran a search on the MSP site and received a quote from a dealer confirming that Windham Model R16M4FTT-762 is MD legal. Does not appear to be a HBAR, weighing in at 6.15 lbs.

Some people believe it is a grey area, but I feel it's pretty straight forward. The ar-15 shoots .223/5.56. If it shoots a different caliber its not really an ar-15 and thus you dont need to have an hbar. E.g. The m1a is banned, yet the polytech m1a clone is gtg. The polytech has a couple parts that make it different than the m1a which makes it fine in the eyes of our moral superiors. Youre not shooting 5.56 out of your 7.62 barrel so its not an ar-15.

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    Some people believe it is a grey area, but I feel it's pretty straight forward. The ar-15 shoots .223/5.56. If it shoots a different caliber "its not really an ar-15 " and thus you dont need to have an hbar. E.g. The m1a is banned, yet the polytech m1a clone is gtg. The polytech has a couple parts that make it different than the m1a which makes it fine in the eyes of our moral superiors. Youre not shooting 5.56 out of your 7.62 barrel so its not an ar-15.

Then what is it? if it is not and AR15??? HMMMM :tap:

As noted it will depend on your FFL and how they interpret the Regulation...this has been a extensive argument...and the GREY AREA is VERY SMOKEY...though you may not be able to completely interchange your AR15 components but the Lower assembly you can and that is what is associated to the caliber/SN when Purchased.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom