• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mayor_quimby

4+4= Jello
    Nov 19, 2008
    Im waiting on AAC for my .300 barrel only reason it comes into play for me is because I already have an AR-15 and a ton of parts laying around so all I needed was the barrel. Also I reload so its not a big deal to me I have a good amount of .223 brass all I need is the .308 bulllets. Only down side is trimming the .223 case down .

But comparing an AR-10 to a .330 blackout is sort of like comparing two different types of apples. So my 2 cents would be figure out the application of use.

BerBer5985

Apr 3, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    In Md .223 is legal for deer , but its usage is controversial even where legal.Not legal in VA , Pa , WV .

While people can make a sport out of debating which is *better* just about any of the AR rifle cals of at least .25 will kill deer , within their individual range limitations.

Ok maybe not legally but ethically. I'd feel better with something in the .30 cal range or larger. How about hog hunting? I have family in Louisiana and I'd love to go hog hunting down there. Lifetime supply of bacon sounds great! ;)

mayor_quimby

4+4= Jello
    Nov 19, 2008
    Ok maybe not legally but ethically. I'd feel better with something in the .30 cal range or larger. How about hog hunting? I have family in Louisiana and I'd love to go hog hunting down there. Lifetime supply of bacon sounds great! ;)

.223 works fine for hog hunting, shot placement is key

Wojo

What's that Smell
    May 8, 2012
    Wrong side of the Potomac
    Has anyone looked at the 300 blackout complete setups from s&w or dpms? I have seen the DD blackout but not those 2 other manufacturers. I am sure they are on the lower range of the price scale compared to DD.

DrunkUncles

Mar 18, 2011
    Edgewater MD
    Has anyone looked at the 300 blackout complete setups from s&w or dpms? I have seen the DD blackout but not those 2 other manufacturers. I am sure they are on the lower range of the price scale compared to DD.

Nah, I haven't seen those manufactures completes either... I'm looking at a DD.

Wojo

What's that Smell
    May 8, 2012
    I was talking about a wait time as far as locating a DD or waiting on the manufacturer. I think the 7day wait would apply to most of the Ar 10s and 300 blackouts... The caliber should not matter as much as the config (heavy barrel, length, etc)

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland

I talked to AAC... DS-ARMS is apparently their choice for an inexpensive, yet decent, build.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I talked to AAC... DS-ARMS is apparently their choice for an inexpensive, yet decent, build.

DS Arms wasn't too bad, got to shoot one at my range a few months back, accuracy wasn't pin-point, but that was with hunting handloads and a scope that wasn't fine-zeroed, I was still maintaining a 2 to 2.5 inch spread.

NHaze

Mar 15, 2011
    Shepherdstown, WV

.458 Socom, .50 Beowulf, 6.5 Grendel will also work

Wojo

What's that Smell
    May 8, 2012
    The AR-10 and other 308 AR style rifles are cash and carry. They are not on the AW list. If you don't believe it, take a look. AR-15 rifles are regulated; other designs are not.

I don't doubt it but i know that i have had to do all the regulated paperwork for mine and wait a week. Add it to the list of firearms laws that i do not fully understand. Lay a dpms oracle in 5.56 next to an oracle in 308 and tell me why one should be treated any differently that the other.

If i were to buy another i may press the issue with the ffl but it is not that consequential to me.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I don't doubt it but i know that i have had to do all the regulated paperwork for mine and wait a week. Add it to the list of firearms laws that i do not fully understand. Lay a dpms oracle in 5.56 next to an oracle in 308 and tell me why one should be treated any differently that the other.

If i were to buy another i may press the issue with the ffl but it is not that consequential to me.

It's not the FFL making the rules..., you can thank MSP and a bunch of panty-waisted politicians for those laws... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom