• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • m.ammer69

Jul 3, 2013
    Hey so putting together my first AR 10 and want to customize it a bit. I was looking at putting an A2 style sights on it. I'm fairly inexperienced with AR's, so from what I've seen most front post sights you have to drill the barrel inorder to put pins in to hold it in place. I was curious though if anyone knows if anyone make a sight like the old 60's m16 sights that more or less just clamp to the barrel? Or if I can simple just replace the gas block with that type of sight/gas block set up without having to drill it (really don't want to drill into a brand new stainless steel fluted barrel)?
    I'm also looking at putting either a triangle handguard, or possibly an A2 or m4 hand guard and was curious if anyone knows if this is possible to take AR-15 handguards and fitting them to an AR10. I know essential they are the same firearm but I knew there are some small differences between the two.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    Hand guards are 10-15 specific with 10s having high and low along with some just being odd because 10s don’t have milspec.
    It’s certainly personal preference but if you build a flat top you can do handles, scopes , off sets or what ever. Everything you could want will load into your picatinny rail.

m.ammer69

Jul 3, 2013
    You are looking for something like this: https://www.jprifles.com/buy.php?item=JPGS-2FS
    Yes, thank you this was exactly what I was looking for, I was sure if anyone actually made something like this.

Hand guards are 10-15 specific with 10s having high and low along with some just being odd because 10s don’t have milspec.
    It’s certainly personal preference but if you build a flat top you can do handles, scopes , off sets or what ever. Everything you could want will load into your picatinny rail.
    Ok thank you, I might keep the handguard it has, maybe find a shorter one,but it sounds like getting retro triangle and A2 hand guards isn't going to work. Might also go for a Magpul front stock then.
    It is a flat top with a nice picatinny rail, just proffer the kinda old school iron sights or a peep sight set up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom