Attachments

• 1354750965280Teludyne%20Tech%20cover.jpg
      1354750965280Teludyne%20Tech%20cover.jpg
      20.8 KB · Views: 494
    Last edited:

nomo613

Nov 24, 2010
    pikesville
    isn't 600 yards kind of at the limit of the 5.56? I dunno...seems like snake oil to me.

i dont know about calibers and long range, but what if they do this to a 6.5 or something? do you guys think this idea can catch on or do you think that it will fade out like most little gun gimics. im always fascinated at new gun accessories, so many of them are just shot down while only a few go into full swing production, and become a normal thing to see at the range. i wonder what the future of this idea is.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Is it 1.07 MOA (6.72") or is it 1.7 MOA (10.679") at 600 yards? Regardless 120 rounds in a decent time frame is very nice. Not sure worth the $2k+ price tag for the upper, but still nice.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    My guess is something with a little more glass, but yes I would assume in some sort of device. How else can you rule out the variables and show the true accruacy of the gun?

I am sure they had a fixture like an overgrown Ransom system with remote trigger actuation. They claim the barrel is sleeved but I wonder if it is also tensioned. One of the things that make Dan Wesson revolvers so accurate is that the barrel tube is tensioned in the outer sleeve.

Paige

Jan 30, 2008
    Is it 1.07 MOA (6.72") or is it 1.7 MOA (10.679") at 600 yards? Regardless 120 rounds in a decent time frame is very nice. Not sure worth the $2k+ price tag for the upper, but still nice.

They claim it was 120rds in 120 seconds...

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    Just a normal tensioned barrel, right? Anything special about it other than the fact that they put it on an AR?

JamesBailey

Form Factor'ed!
    Jan 28, 2010
    Arlington VA
    Guys-
    at that range, with .224 bullets you are really more limited by the shooter and the projectile than you are by the barrel/rifle. Wind will eat up most .224 bullets at that distance and will be the largest factor in group size beyond the shooter himself. So this is marketing hype with little value in real world.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Guys-
    at that range, with .224 bullets you are really more limited by the shooter and the projectile than you are by the barrel/rifle. Wind will eat up most .224 bullets at that distance and will be the largest factor in group size beyond the shooter himself. So this is marketing hype with little value in real world.

Bingo.... I'm still gonna pay $350 for my white oak barrel and shoot it out to 600 yards and that thing will STILL out shoot me.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    The design actually has some real world benefits especially in combat sitautions. It's not so much that it's super accurate, but it's the ability to hold accuracy during extended strings of fire. Ar's get hot pretty quick and accuracy can seriously fall off after a few mags fired in a short time period. Now my question is how expensive are replacement barrels because shooting that fast is still going to cook the chamber in a few thousand rounds.

krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    I shot two mags, probably a round every 1.5 - 2 seconds on a cold day, and I could already see steam.

It was a little dry though, don't know how that would effect it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom