• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    This popped up on FB this morning. Perhaps a repeat here, but you can't argue with logic....although some will try.

Attachments

• 13466466_1039941889428809_4934664081183913098_n.jpg
      13466466_1039941889428809_4934664081183913098_n.jpg
      47.1 KB · Views: 3,792

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I posted this on FB recently. Nobody needs an "assault rifle" for high body counts:

Prior to Orlando, one of the most deadly mass shootings on US soil occurred at Virginia Tech in April of 2007. This is a picture of the shooter along with the pistols he used. You will notice these are not assault rifles. He had 10 and 15 round magazines. These are NOT "high powered" handguns, either. A 9mm and a lowly .22. No special type of ammunition was used. He had no special training. He killed 33 adults and wounded 17 others.

There was, however, a failure in the system. Cho had a troubled past and a long history of psychiatric illness. He had been to court, and ordered to undergo treatment. Thanks to failures in the federal system, his purchase of these firearms did not trigger a denial in NICS, where he should have been flagged.

If you think only "assault weapons" can lead to high body counts, you are wrong. An armed man in a gun free zone rules until someone else with a gun shows up. If you are not armed, your only options are to run or pray. Self defense is a civil right. The more responsible armed citizens there are, the safer we all will be.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    No offense, but comparisons like this will get other long guns banned too.

Gun owners shouldn't be doing the Left's legwork.

Let them figure it out.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    I always use this. Yes, it's a bit dated, but still makes the point (to everyone but BLMs, who wanna kill the messenger)

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware

Let them figure it out.

No offence taken. I get your point. Crossed my mind as well. Since it's already on FB, I'm sure many have seen it.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013

Let them figure it out.

They're eventually going to figure it out if they haven't already. They probably already have, but they also know that if they were consistent in their argument and insisted on the Mini14, 10/22, semi handguns, there would be too big a backlash. It's almost a kabuki dance; both sides are playing it. And boiling frogs. They're going to take a little at a time. When a Mini14 or 10/22 is the only thing left, and it's used in a mass shooting, that's when they'll go after them, too.

Stoic58

Jan 10, 2013
    Silver Spring
    For a left-wing Utopian dreamer, keeping any firearm for self-defense is a rejection of their 'social justice' paradise vision of the future. Even Joe Biden's SxS 12ga. :)

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I posted this on FB recently. Nobody needs an "assault rifle" for high body counts:

Prior to Orlando, one of the most deadly mass shootings on US soil occurred at Virginia Tech in April of 2007. This is a picture of the shooter along with the pistols he used. You will notice these are not assault rifles. He had 10 and 15 round magazines. These are NOT "high powered" handguns, either. A 9mm and a lowly .22. No special type of ammunition was used. He had no special training. He killed 33 adults and wounded 17 others.

There was, however, a failure in the system. Cho had a troubled past and a long history of psychiatric illness. He had been to court, and ordered to undergo treatment. Thanks to failures in the federal system, his purchase of these firearms did not trigger a denial in NICS, where he should have been flagged.

If you think only "assault weapons" can lead to high body counts, you are wrong. An armed man in a gun free zone rules until someone else with a gun shows up. If you are not armed, your only options are to run or pray. Self defense is a civil right. The more responsible armed citizens there are, the safer we all will be.

14 Dec 2012 24 stabbed, including 23 children
    29 Feb 2016 10 children stabbed, perp kills himself
    3 Oct 2015 50 killed in knife attack at mine
    2 Mar 2014 29 killed, 130 injured
    22 Sep 2015 40 dead and injured . . .

. . . all in China. No firearms involved. Doubtless there are more, I didn't look very far.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    What was used in 1890 by government troops to kill all the Native Americans? Rolling blocks? Lever actions?

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    They're eventually going to figure it out if they haven't already. They probably already have, but they also know that if they were consistent in their argument and insisted on the Mini14, 10/22, semi handguns, there would be too big a backlash. It's almost a kabuki dance; both sides are playing it. And boiling frogs. They're going to take a little at a time. When a Mini14 or 10/22 is the only thing left, and it's used in a mass shooting, that's when they'll go after them, too.

Many have already figured this out. I've been hearing more about banning all semi autos from some anti gun people I know. I've seen it a few places online. Remember when the guy murdered the people on the island in Norway he used a mini-14. One of the Antigun groups came out with a fact sheet in it and why it should also be banned immediately. I'm sure they already had it prepared.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Many have already figured this out. I've been hearing more about banning all semi autos from some anti gun people I know. I've seen it a few places online. Remember when the guy murdered the people on the island in Norway he used a mini-14. One of the Antigun groups came out with a fact sheet in it and why it should also be banned immediately. I'm sure they already had it prepared.

Fails the Heller "common use" test.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013

Which if Killary gets elected will be overturned .

Most of my liberal co-workers call a AR a Assault Rifle because it is in the name AR-15 , they are so brain washed that the refuse to listen to facts that it is actually Armalite Rifle .. The true name (per them of Armalite Rifle) is a Right Wing narrative with no basis in truth ..

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013

That had no effect on that goofy female Maryland judge that ruled in favour of SB281. She, in typical "Social Justice" fashion, simply ignored it, as did the recent ruling that failed to block her decision.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Most of my liberal co-workers call a AR a Assault Rifle because it is in the name AR-15 , they are so brain washed that the refuse to listen to facts that it is actually Armalite Rifle .. The true name (per them of Armalite Rifle) is a Right Wing narrative with no basis in truth ..

Can you really blame them? When you don't know a thing, you have to rely on those you trust to educate you. To the average person, the major media services wouldn't be "major" if they weren't generally reliable. Talk about dangerous bubbles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom