• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mackie

Dumb Farmer
    Jan 7, 2009
    Cecil County
    Ive always been a little on the traditional side of the firearms market, but over the last few years the Evil Black Rifles have begun interest me. I like the versitility of them. So Im going to build one. I want a 20'' flat top with a few extras Im not going Mall Ninja with it. The lower is coming from HarEngSer and Im going to use a Timney trigger. Any advice is welcome.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    I just built an 18" bull middy. Most would say the barrel is way to forward heavy, but I love the way it balances in my front palm for offhand shooting. I would not consider it for carrying for long periods of time however. Timney triggers are bad ass, you can't go wrong there. You really just need to decide exactly what role you need it to fill and what you prefer. I'd look through the endless pages of pics at ARF.com and decide how you whant your rifle to look and shoot.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    What were you looking to do with it?, punch paper from a bench, shoot varmints, hunt deer, plink at close range, compete at long range etc.

The possibilities are endless, but there are different ways to go about a build to tailor a rifle to a specific need, or to build it with enough versatility to accomplish a few different needs

mackie

Dumb Farmer
    Jan 7, 2009
    Cecil County
    Dan Im not sure. I dont want it so light that it will go off if I sneeze. The idea for now is a little range time and taking out offensive furry amimals out to 300. From all the reading Ive done the .223 was designed for a 20'' barrel.

Kevp

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2008
    I gotta laugh at your comment about "traditional side." I just find it funny that this firearm has been the standard rifle of our Armed Forces for approximately 45yrs and some people still see it as some new fangled plastic gun. I think the fact that the platform has been able to be updated, modified, enhanced, expanded, etc. is a testiment to Mr. Stoner's genius. There will be those that disagree I'm sure.

leroygibbs

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2008
    I gotta laugh at your comment about "traditional side." I just find it funny that this firearm has been the standard rifle of our Armed Forces for approximately 45yrs and some people still see it as some new fangled plastic gun. I think the fact that the platform has been able to be updated, modified, enhanced, expanded, etc. is a testiment to Mr. Stoner's genius. There will be those that disagree I'm sure.

45 years? Heck, anything without a real hammer is new fangled....;)

mackie

Dumb Farmer
    Jan 7, 2009
    Cecil County
    Well every firearm I presenty own has very little plastic if any. They are all blue and wood. Exept my RIA 1911 its parkerized.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom