• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HarCo2ANewb

Subibro
    Mar 24, 2011
    Elkridge

I tried to shoot mine at Hap Baker and was shown the door rather rudely. I am not in that area often so that was the only place I tried, just passing it on in case you want to try them out. You might have better luck if you are a regular, most of the snide comments felt like they were because they didn't know me.

KSFrostie

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2013
    Carroll County
    I tried to shoot mine at Hap Baker and was shown the door rather rudely. I am not in that area often so that was the only place I tried, just passing it on in case you want to try them out. You might have better luck if you are a regular, most of the snide comments felt like they were because they didn't know me.

I am a semi regular. I shoot there every week or two. I doubt they will let me shoot my AR Pistol there. But you never know, I might ask...

Wendigo

Hungry
    Mar 31, 2013
    Reisterstown
    From what I've heard, at Hap it's pistol calibers only on the pistol range and rifles(with shoulder stock) only on the rifle range.

Might have better luck at Elk Neck or at the NRA range, not sure about the other indoor ranges. Best bet is finding someone with some land that likes to shoot.

MDGolom

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2010
    Baltimore County
    I shoot my AR pistol at the AGC. It's a .22, but I don't think it matters. You should ask the RSO if you can use the pistol range or, because of the caliber, the rifle.

bigjoe

bigjoe
    Oct 1, 2012
    Ellicott City
    AGC if your a member there. When I shoot mine I try to not shoot next to members who are really trying to site in a gun or show a new shooter things. AR pistols have a rather vicious muzzle report and can be rather annyoing to the older folk there. As long as you are Polite and keep it calm, i.e. one shot a second or so, you'll be fine to shoot an AR pistol on the barnes range.

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    AGC if your a member there. When I shoot mine I try to not shoot next to members who are really trying to site in a gun or show a new shooter things. AR pistols have a rather vicious muzzle report and can be rather annyoing to the older folk there. As long as you are Polite and keep it calm, i.e. one shot a second or so, you'll be fine to shoot an AR pistol on the barnes range.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I wish everyone was mindful of their fellow shooters as you are.

4095fanatic

Paramagic
    Dec 3, 2010

A rather inexpensive method of being polite is getting a Levang Linear Compensator. Like it's more expensive and bigger brother, the Noveske KX3, it helps direct muzzle blast downrange, which reduces the perceived noise levels to those next to and behind the firearm (Note: this does not reduce the decibel level itself, which would make it a suppressor, it merely redirects the sound in a different direction).

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    A rather inexpensive method of being polite is getting a Levang Linear Compensator. Like it's more expensive and bigger brother, the Noveske KX3, it helps direct muzzle blast downrange, which reduces the perceived noise levels to those next to and behind the firearm (Note: this does not reduce the decibel level itself, which would make it a suppressor, it merely redirects the sound in a different direction).

Golf Ball launcher.

bigjoe

bigjoe
    Oct 1, 2012
    Ellicott City
    I run my AR-15 pistol with just an A2 birdcage flashider I honestly just cannot justify the KX3 or any of the other muzzle brakes/comps when they charge you $100+ for them!!!! I just make sure I have my ears on when I touch rounds off lol.

KSFrostie

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2013
    Carroll County
    So it sounds like I am going to have a ton of trouble finding some where to shoot my AR pistol. I would join AGC but they club that contacted me wanted some sorta NRA thing and I do not have any NRA things. And if I had to get it I think it would price me out of membership.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom