• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shershot99

Mar 22, 2010
    Carroll County
    So with shall issue finally being here, I was thinking, it is 100% legal to carry an AR pistol concealed say in a backpack, no? I was thinking for walking around, runs, etc. or even just keeping one in a go bag in the car, stuff like that. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    Yes. You can also open carry one. There's a thread on here already where a current permit holder open carried one at a Home Depot/Lowes a few months back.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I don't necessarily think it's a bad idea to have one, but is it going to be the only firearm you carry? How long will it take to access vs a pistol on your waist?

In the unlikely event you're robbed it may end up being an expensive donation.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I carry one, but it's always secondary to a pistol for ease of access reasons.

I generally keep it hidden in a discreet backpack. It's a Form 1 SBR which is a handgun under MD Law.

If it has a brace, remember that brace rules will change this year so be careful how your AR pistol is configured. Never know when you will have contact with L.E.

Burt Hammersmith

Dumpster Fire
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 20, 2015
    As many as you like and however you like.
    8685CC86-ADB6-40F1-97ED-F7367163FECB.jpeg
    8685CC86-ADB6-40F1-97ED-F7367163FECB.jpeg

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.

I generally keep it hidden in a discreet backpack. It's a Form 1 SBR which is a handgun under MD Law.

If it has a brace, remember that brace rules will change this year so be careful how your AR pistol is configured. Never know when you will have contact with L.E.
    How are the brace rules changing? So much silliness.....

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    How are the brace rules changing? So much silliness.....
    Unless challenged I believe the rules may take effect in October. There is a point system. It's very complex.

It's so complex that I won't deal with braces once it takes effect. Not worth the trouble and the risk to my FFL.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    Unless challenged I believe the rules may take effect in October. There is a point system. It's very complex.

It's so complex that I won't deal with braces once it takes effect. Not worth the trouble and the risk to my FFL.

Until it actually changes that is just hearsay and speculation.

shershot99

Mar 22, 2010
    Carroll County
    I don't necessarily think it's a bad idea to have one, but is it going to be the only firearm you carry? How long will it take to access vs a pistol on your waist?

In the unlikely event you're robbed it may end up being an expensive donation.

Good points. I was thinking more of a secondary thing. Probably massive over-planning but I was thinking in the rare event I needed more than a 9mm.

shershot99

Mar 22, 2010
    Carroll County

Good point. Need to read up on the brace rules again. Mine is fine under “current” regs but need to verify. I was also looking into one of the collapsible ones where the stock and barrel fold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom