• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rex0915

Jul 26, 2012
    Westminster, MD
    Just picked up my AR pistol build from Bollinger Gunsmithing, Cerakote turned out great! Very happy with the results couldn't say enough good things about them. securedownload.jpg

I'm so confused when it comes to ar-15 pistols ( legality ) .....so I can build one as long as it has a buffer tube that will not accept a stock , and that I keep it for myself , as in do not transfer .. Can anyone chime in and set this strait for me ? Any info would be greatly appreciated ...

blksniper2000

certified lurker
    Jan 31, 2009
    Baltimore/PA area
    I'm so confused when it comes to ar-15 pistols ( legality ) .....so I can build one as long as it has a buffer tube that will not accept a stock , and that I keep it for myself , as in do not transfer .. Can anyone chime in and set this strait for me ? Any info would be greatly appreciated ...

Exactly, all of that is right and It has to be made from a stripped lower

hawxter996

this avatar is offensive!
    Nov 11, 2008
    at home

you can transfer it with a rifle upper if you decide to later.
    or as a lower.

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007

You can use a carbine buffer tube, or rifle length, just dont have a spare stock laying around that could be put on it. Most people paracord wrap standard stock tubes if they use them.

Rex0915

Jul 26, 2012
    Westminster, MD
    You can use a carbine buffer tube, or rifle length, just dont have a spare stock laying around that could be put on it. Most people paracord wrap standard stock tubes if they use them.

Yeah, I went with the spikes pistol buffer kit, no holes to where a stock can attach to. Not worth risking those issues.

drewhall

May 29, 2009
    Maryland
    I am thinking my next AR will be a pistol. They have been sounding better and better lately. Yours looks great, what's your plan for sights?

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    No VFG's without registering it as an AOW as stated above. But, you can use a Magpul AFG as the ATF does not consider it a VFG.

TROOPER

Ultimate Member
    May 22, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    you can transfer it with a rifle upper if you decide to later.
    or as a lower.

I believe that is NOT correct...

Sticking a rifle upper on a pistol lower does not make it a rifle, and cannot be transfered.

You can however convert the lower receiver to a rifle lower by changing the buffer tube, and then selling it as a rifle.

Rex0915

Jul 26, 2012
    Westminster, MD
    Not sure about sights yet, was thinking just magpul flip up sights but the piston system up front gets warm I believe. Suggestions without breaking the bank?

TROOPER

Ultimate Member
    May 22, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Not sure about sights yet, was thinking just magpul flip up sights but the piston system up front gets warm I believe. Suggestions without breaking the bank?

Can't beat Magpul for the price, just put the front sight on the end of the rail, not the gas block.

Slightly shorter sight radius, but it's a pistol not a rifle.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Get a Vortex Sparc or Strikefire.

BUIS just don't give the pistol the bad assery it deserves.

Oh, and. Troy Claymore or Noveske Flaming Pig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom