• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • YFallston

Aug 24, 2013
    Hazard County
    Another thought... If I plan to use a Sig Sb15 brace do I need a specific buffer tube? Will using a buffer tube with a castle but interfere with the brace?

Calengor

wishes he were spike
    Apr 13, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    Another thought... If I plan to use a Sig Sb15 brace do I need a specific buffer tube? Will using a buffer tube with a castle but interfere with the brace?

It should work with standard pistol buffer tubes, but some companies are making brace specific ones which prevent it from sliding all the way down. Phase 5 and KAK industries are the two that come to mind off the top of my head, the KAK has adjustable spacers so you can set it up as comfortably as you'd like.

As for the smiley on your post, you must have accidentally clicked the "Post Icon" when you went to hit "Submit Reply."

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    Is it better to buy a pistol buffer tube with a castle but? Didn't know there was any that didn't have one.thanks agin guys this is the kind of help I wanted.

Get whichever one suits your fancy. If it doesn't have a castle nut, just toss a lil loctite (i have a bottle of rocksett handy, so that's what I used) on the threads and leave it alone till the set time has passed.

rayrevolver

Jul 26, 2012
    It should work with standard pistol buffer tubes, but some companies are making brace specific ones which prevent it from sliding all the way down. Phase 5 and KAK industries are the two that come to mind off the top of my head, the KAK has adjustable spacers so you can set it up as comfortably as you'd like.

To expand on this, KAK has a new-ish "Super SIG" buffer tube made for the SB-15. Combined with the spacers you can choose a similar LOP to your carbine setup.

I just ordered a set last night with a 20% off coupon found on facebook:

We are doing a promotion for our Facebook friends as a way of saying thanks for following us. All our great KAK SB-15 pistol tube products are involved. Receive 20% off any SB-15 related item in stock still the end of the month.. use code "SB-15" at checkout.. product must have SB-15 in title to be used with the discount and not available for previous purchases.. Thanks for your support! KURT

Boonie Hat

Jan 2, 2013
    Baltimore County, MD, USA
    To expand on this, KAK has a new-ish "Super SIG" buffer tube made for the SB-15. Combined with the spacers you can choose a similar LOP to your carbine setup.

I just ordered a set last night with a 20% off coupon found on facebook:

We are doing a promotion for our Facebook friends as a way of saying thanks for following us. All our great KAK SB-15 pistol tube products are involved. Receive 20% off any SB-15 related item in stock still the end of the month.. use code "SB-15" at checkout.. product must have SB-15 in title to be used with the discount and not available for previous purchases.. Thanks for your support! KURT

+1 on KAK. I run this tube on mine and I love it. Without spacers, it holds the brace at one position out

callidus

May 21, 2013
    Maryland
    Just my personal $.02, but I'd go with piston as well on shorter builds, but not necessarily for reliability/cycling purposes - if you ever want to add a suppressor, the piston will be worth its weight in gold.

I'd also go no less than a 12 inch barrel, depending on how much velocity/effective range you want it to have.

Last edited:

glock9mm

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2011
    Ceciltucky!

Phase 5 makes a buffer tube(Hex-2) specifically designed for the Sig brace and includes a castle nut and it does not interfere with the brace.
    I have one on my 7.5" pistol and it's perfect for the Sig brace.

Here is the link to it;

https://phase5wsi.com/hex-2-pistol-buffer-tube-hex-2.html

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    I ordered the Spike's kit. I didn't necessarily want the "shelf" on the KAK or Phase 5. That way I can slide the brace up further should I decide to.

Last edited:

glock9mm

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2011
    Ceciltucky!
    I ordered the Spike's kit. I didn't necessarily want the "shelf" on the KAK or Phase 5. That way I can slide the stock up further should I decide to.

I bought the Phase 5 for the opposite reason, I needed the brace to go back farther as it was not comfortable and not far enough back with the PSA buffer tube.

Last edited:

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    If you guys are putting stocks on your pistols, I sure hope you've got a valid tax stamp on hand.

If you're referring incorrectly to the sig pistol brace, then you may not want to use the word "stock" as that implies you're discussing rifles.

glock9mm

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2011
    Ceciltucky!
    If you guys are putting stocks on your pistols, I sure hope you've got a valid tax stamp on hand.

If you're referring incorrectly to the sig pistol brace, then you may not want to use the word "stock" as that implies you're discussing rifles.

You are absolutely correct, I used the incorrect terminology referring to the brace and that's not good.

Thanks for the heads up!

Last edited:

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I am waiting on my YHM hand guard to be delivered tomorrow and my 8.5" 9mm AR pistol will be done. I did however order a Sigtac brace to complete it entirely. I quickly fell in love with 9mm AR15 rifles. I will post pictures in this thread when it's done.

I put it together with mostly stock parts. I will be changing out some parts like an Ambi Safety.

Jim Smith

kraftyone

Mar 9, 2013
    Tagging this thread for future reference the 7 day wait has commenced on the pistol lower I ordered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom