• Total voters

ridethemessiah

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2012
    Cecil County
    There's a gun in there, somewhere? :D

Needs a cup holder.

gun_accessories_3a.jpg

haha! me and my friend were talking about this on the way home from target master. We were checking out an acr with a full top rail and a quad rail and i'm like wtf? how much shit can you possibly put on one gun. it needs a fookin mr. coffee mounted to one of the side rails for christs sake.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    haha! me and my friend were talking about this on the way home from target master. We were checking out an acr with a full top rail and a quad rail and i'm like wtf? how much shit can you possibly put on one gun. it needs a fookin mr. coffee mounted to one of the side rails for christs sake.

well you could heat a cup of coffee after firing full auto on some of them....:lol2:

midcountyg

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2009
    Preston, MD
    I can't vote for one over the other, so I would say my M4 with an ak74 Krink on one side of the quad rail, and a M92 Krink on the other side. Game set match :D

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I voted with some Franklins; picked up a Polytech AK from Yellowsled a month ago.

But I live in Takoma Park; a Commie weapon seemed so right, somehow.

KMK1862

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2010
    York County, PA
    AK. I've shot a few AR's, but the AK platform just appeals to me more. The reliablity is legendary and I find that I shoot very well with mine. I like the looks of the AK more, too. Ammo costs are generally less as well.

Hell, if they weren't so damned expensive, I'd just go with a StG44.

oldman12

Ultimate Member
    Sep 19, 2010
    "Merrica" Eastern Camp
    I love the AK in 7.62 FMJ rounds do a really good bit of damage. Getting ammo is my only concern in a SHTF scenario. The 5.56 AR platform is going to make it easier to get ammo once you run out of your stash.

As for 5.56 ammo. What do you guys prefer, m193.Iv'e read it does a decent job pentitration 150 yds and has a decent yaw rate.

Im sure some of you guys have rounds you plink and diff rounds for SHTF.

Nice thing about 7.62x39 its a slower round, FMJ's destroy the crap out of milk jugs.They are my go to round.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    M193 is, IMHO, the better round for civilian use. M855A1 is supposedly the bees-knees, but is generally unavailable to us.

If you are worried about barrier penetration, I'd suggest buying some cartridges designed to maximize that.

oldman12

Ultimate Member
    Sep 19, 2010
    "Merrica" Eastern Camp
    M193 is, IMHO, the better round for civilian use. M855A1 is supposedly the bees-knees, but is generally unavailable to us.

If you are worried about barrier penetration, I'd suggest buying some cartridges designed to maximize that.

I agree, Thats whats so nice about the 7.62x39 its just a good all around caliber, russian commercial is cheap and is accurate enough for me.

I have looked at the M855 you can purchase from online ammo sales. I have read it has good penitration beyond 150 yards but under 150 most likely would just pass through. The projectile will leave a small hole.

I guess what im trying to figure is which round in 5.56 is the best all around whithout sacraficing to much of penitration and or wound damage.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008

Why not just go with something like pdx-1 60 gr or something? It won't penetrate barriers like some, but does a decent job from the bonded part of the core....it doesn't expand and fragment like others...but does a decent job from the fragmenting part of the core. It seems like an all around decent jack of all trades type of bullet design.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Well, I went to the range on Monday and shot quality versions of both. I fired my BCM with a 20"bbl and my Arsenal SGL-21. Hands down, walking away, I prefer the AR. If I were in a situation where I needed to throw a lot of metal down range while I advance, I might prefer the AK. As I don't see me doing that any time soon, I preferred the lighter recoil and more accurate fire from the AR. It really made me wonder if I wouldn't be better served with an M4 than the AK.

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    Well, I went to the range on Monday and shot quality versions of both. I fired my BCM with a 20"bbl and my Arsenal SGL-21. Hands down, walking away, I prefer the AR. If I were in a situation where I needed to throw a lot of metal down range while I advance, I might prefer the AK. As I don't see me doing that any time soon, I preferred the lighter recoil and more accurate fire from the AR. It really made me wonder if I wouldn't be better served with an M4 than the AK.

Kind of a bad pair to compare really. A 20" barrel is always going to have less recoil over a 16". Part of the reason why my saiga 223 has less recoil than most ars ive fired is because its a 20" vs most of the ars are 16s...but hey, if that sgl just isint for you ill adopt it and give if a good home lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom