Votes: 1 6.7%
    • Bear Creek Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I would put PSA and AERO neck and neck as the top on that list. Did not know S&W sold their lowers separately, I have heard of Bear Creek but never used, Polymer 80 depending on the application may be OK

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    20230910_083635.jpg

Of your choices...
    Aero.... probably better of all your choices
    PSA.... Nodak Spud ( retro lowers ) NS first then PSA
    Smith.... no experience
    BCA... a lower is a lower
    Poly.... don't do Poly..

Then you have...
    Anderson.
    Bkingsfirearms
    Gorilla Maching
    to name some..
    you can get lowers in different forms, metals, etc. Your wallet / credit is your guide.

got lowers from various places even Sendra, they all work, no issues / no problems
    even some of the "blem" lowers which go cheap, only thing I've found is the anodizing, everything else is ok.

¹Better...? Define better. (Not trying to be snart) sometimes better is "not" better

-Rock

Last edited:

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I used a poly. This was back a bit and when I saw the cost I thought let’s try it. I have used it as a lower for 300 BO upper. i have no issues with it. Haven’t shot it much. Bit there are caveats:
    - because its polymer, its necessarily thicker so pushing the take down pins out is a PITA;
    - the hammer and trigger pins are held in allen screws on both ends of each pin. For as much as I shot the carbine its okay. I would not consider it for anything but occasional range use. I did read on some failures, don’t recall where…I think the buffer tube boss cracking…but don’t quote me on that.

As usual Rock is spot on.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Aero is generally good.

I like SOLGW - Sons of Liberty - you can get cosmetic blems from Big Tex Ordnance for a reasonable price. Dimensions are very good. And the anodizing is awesome.

Cheap bottom-tier makers like BCA, PSA and Anderson can make a decent lower but seem to have no QC program at all. It's a complete crapshoot whether you get a good one. And the replacement they send you might be just as bad. Considering that the lower is serialized, and will have an FFL transfer fee, I'd rather buy from a company that has a better reputation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom