• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BleedinPurple

Feb 2, 2012
    Hey guys i know most of you browse the local shops around here and just wonder if anyone knows of any shop in the hagerstown area that has stripped AR lowers in stock ore can get them easily...

it isnt the easiest thing in the world to find uppers even online, but i would prefer to avoid the transfer and shipping fees...

so if anyone here knows of a shop within about 30 miles of hagerstown in md that has quality lowers the help would be appreciated

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    They are great people up there. I'm just waiting on the May lower group buy to go up and visit.

BTW Tim I'm still drooling about that Winchester. Just trying to work out a few things first.

BleedinPurple

Feb 2, 2012
    i had a great experience with hafers...that is where i bought my walther PPQ from...i really wish they had a stripped lower in stock because i just received my spikes upper today and it almost feels like a crime having it just sit there all lonely...i cant find them anywhere online from the manufacturers i want to buy from (PSA, Spikes, AeroPrecision) for the price i want to pay...i really dont want to pay more than 100 dollars delivered for a stripped lower so i would definitely prefer to buy the local from them to avoid the transfer and shipping fees...but i gotta do something fast because i want to go shooting

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    Shoulda got in on the May or November group buys. I did!! Group buy price on a Spikes spider lower was $65.00. I don't think your gonna find that anywhere other than a group buy deal.
    Some guys ordered 3-5. :)

BleedinPurple

Feb 2, 2012
    i wish i would have gotten in on it as well...but for some dumb reason i wasnt in the AR game in may...wish i would have been but now i think im gonna just have to buy one online....but these transfer fees just kill me...why should i have to pay 20-40 dollars more...transfer fees should be 10 dollars...never more! i know it is just a drop in the bucket but i just feel like im getting bent over every time i pay a transfer fee

RW2111

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Industry Partner
    Apr 2, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    i wish i would have gotten in on it as well...but for some dumb reason i wasnt in the AR game in may...wish i would have been but now i think im gonna just have to buy one online....but these transfer fees just kill me...why should i have to pay 20-40 dollars more...transfer fees should be 10 dollars...never more! i know it is just a drop in the bucket but i just feel like im getting bent over every time i pay a transfer fee

Keystone in Hagerstown tried to charge me 80 dollars to do a transfer before

BleedinPurple

Feb 2, 2012
    yea i avoid keystone at all costs...and i live about a mile from there...seems like answering questions is about as enjoyable for them as sitting on a broom stick...i went in there one time looking for a handgun...not only did they have no selection at all, but their prices were ridiculous and they would roll their eyes when inquiring about a price...maybe they were just having a bad day that day, but ill spend my money elsewhere...i love supporting the local shops, but they have to try to look like they care about your business...

did not feel that way about hafers at all...hafers was good to go...

RW2111

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Industry Partner
    Apr 2, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    yea i avoid keystone at all costs...and i live about a mile from there...seems like answering questions is about as enjoyable for them as sitting on a broom stick...i went in there one time looking for a handgun...not only did they have no selection at all, but their prices were ridiculous and they would roll their eyes when inquiring about a price...maybe they were just having a bad day that day, but ill spend my money elsewhere...i love supporting the local shops, but they have to try to look like they care about your business...

Check out Hendershots also

BleedinPurple

Feb 2, 2012
    should i be checking hendershots because they are a good operation or should i check out hendershots because they will make me feel like keystone treated me like a VIP?

i have heard if you dont have big bucks for an african safari they could care less about your business...but this is all speculation as i have never been in either their hancock or new dual highway location

RW2111

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Industry Partner
    Apr 2, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    should i be checking hendershots because they are a good operation or should i check out hendershots because they will make me feel like keystone treated me like a VIP?

i have heard if you dont have big bucks for an african safari they could care less about your business...but this is all speculation as i have never been in either their hancock or new dual highway location

There new location on Dual Highway is there only location now and they will make you feel welcome they are getting into the "Black Gun" market more and more

BleedinPurple

Feb 2, 2012
    ok thanks...i wasnt sure if you were being sarcastic in regards to hendershots...every time i drive buy it i wanna go in just havent had the time and my work hours arent the most regular...i will go in there and check it out...if they are black gun friendly then they are ok in my book

RW2111

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Industry Partner
    Apr 2, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    ok thanks...i wasnt sure if you were being sarcastic in regards to hendershots...every time i drive buy it i wanna go in just havent had the time and my work hours arent the most regular...i will go in there and check it out...if they are black gun friendly then they are ok in my book

no not being sarcastic at all ask for Mike and tell him Robbie sent you :thumbsup:

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    i had a great experience with hafers...that is where i bought my walther PPQ from...i really wish they had a stripped lower in stock because i just received my spikes upper today and it almost feels like a crime having it just sit there all lonely...i cant find them anywhere online from the manufacturers i want to buy from (PSA, Spikes, AeroPrecision) for the price i want to pay...i really dont want to pay more than 100 dollars delivered for a stripped lower so i would definitely prefer to buy the local from them to avoid the transfer and shipping fees...but i gotta do something fast because i want to go shooting
    I built my 3-gun AR using an AP lower I got off a dealer on GunBrokers.com (it was $129 with every part but the stock). As a Monocacy Pistol Club member I get $10 transfers at Gunrunners Gun Store in Frederick. He does not carry lowers in stock but if you want something Bob will find it for you. I think he charges $20 for non-club members. Most every other dealer I have checked around here charges more.

JDH146

jdh146
    Dec 26, 2009
    Hafer's had a bunch of YHM and Del-Ton stripped lowers in stock today as well as a few S&W complete. PM Tim if you are interested.

msalvas

May 14, 2009
    Hagerstown, MD
    Check out frost enterprises in Hagerstown for your transfer also. He is trying to start up business.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown

I live about a mile from them as well. While they seem to have an extensive archery shop i have never purchased anything gun related there

Infantry23

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2012
    Hagerstown
    FWIW... I don't know where to purchase them in Hagerstown but I went to palmettostatearmory.com to order stripped lowers $99 regular, $69 for a blemished (mine has a small nick...totally worth it and not a "blemish" at all), and they have $39 Omni lowers if you want to go really cheap.

As far as FFL goes... Skeeters in Smithsburg has $25 for AR receivers and handguns. $10 for long guns. Can't beat it and it's only about 15 minutes from most points in Hagerstown.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I wish I had had the foresight to buy a dozen or so more of the polymer lowers from Frontier Arms (like Omnis). They were $129 with everything but the stock. Add a $375 DPMS Sportical upper and you could sell them right now for $800-$1000.
    By the way the Gun Store in Frederick had an under $1000 AR in stock and when all this hit the fan they bumped the price to $3000 and they have actually sold it to some sucker. One reason I have not been in there since the 1 time I went in their store when it was on Rt. 85.

Turbo2Point4

Feb 19, 2012
    FWIW... I don't know where to purchase them in Hagerstown but I went to palmettostatearmory.com to order stripped lowers $99 regular, $69 for a blemished (mine has a small nick...totally worth it and not a "blemish" at all), and they have $39 Omni lowers if you want to go really cheap.

As far as FFL goes... Skeeters in Smithsburg has $25 for AR receivers and handguns. $10 for long guns. Can't beat it and it's only about 15 minutes from most points in Hagerstown.

thats where i have done all transfers, also bought a couple guns from him aswell. i still have to give hafers a try, my wifes uncle does his gun related shopping there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom