• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Seems to mirror what I have learned from experience. I also have posted and taught the same. The Piston AR stuff and AK stuff cracks me the hell up.

The only thing that stands out as odd is the carbon issues they say stops the guns up cold. I have read their posts on ARFCOM and I have seen the spent "steel casings". I think the carbon stoppages are ammo or lubricant related. Nothing wrong with Lucas or Slip though.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Seems to mirror what I have learned from experience. I also have posted and taught the same. The Piston AR stuff and AK stuff cracks me the hell up.

The only thing that stands out as odd is the carbon issues they say stops the guns up cold. I have read their posts on ARFCOM and I have seen the spent "steel casings". I think the carbon stoppages are ammo or lubricant related. Nothing wrong with Lucas or Slip though.

I am waiting for someone to come along and use this as a propping point for Slip or Lucas without understanding why they chose it. :innocent0

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Those are really good articles and perspective. More shooters are likely to use their guns well than take them through combat (and probably more are likely to make safe queens but that's another story).

My takeaways were.

1. Confirmed gas impingement is the way to go with an AR. Less parts, keep em clean they run.

2. The findings on the Ak are not surprising and that good Romanian cold war style barrels rock (we always knew that)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom