• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maxsplat

Apr 11, 2013
    Westmonster

So after a bit of searching you can not use normal cross bow bolts or regular arrows as they are all to flimsy and can't handle the power. 6 tac 15 arrows cost around $100.

That being said I don't even have an AR-15 or lower (yet I hope) and I want one but don't see me ever being able to justify it. They also make the PSE TAC 15i. comes with it's own "lower" if you will. My question is will it will work with an AR-15 lower or is it all one piece?

On the plus side the old lady wants to shoot a crossbow now that she been watching the Walking dead. Maybe I can get one after all......:evilgrin3

Americus

Feb 9, 2013
    I'm just waiting for an anti to freak out thinking that you can put this on a full auto lower and have a silent killer...

Invictus82

May 25, 2013
    That looks like an awesome setup, but I'd hate to hump that thing through the woods and underbrush. I also wonder how front heavy it is.

Shootist

Well ain't that dandy.
    May 7, 2009
    Mid-Atlantic
    That LaRue conversion is a copy of the Airrow by Swivel Machine Works, located in Newtown, CT. Prices are about the same if you consider the LaRue kit comes with a bunch of LaRue-branded knickknacks. You can buy Airrow components a la carte.

Both very cool and surprisingly accurate (from the reviews). And .22 blanks are still cheap @ Lowes despite skyrocketing .22LR prices. And the arrows, at least on the Airrow, are just chopped Easton XX75 shafts.

Fun stuff!

Twanger

DINO and NRA Life
    Mar 4, 2013
    Poolesville
    I have a Tac15i, and it absolutely lives up to the hype.
    I do deer management and have killed 61 deer with the Tac15 in the last two seasons.
    The Tac15 is very long, but I have a shooting rail on my tree-stand and find the Tac15 can be handled with no trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom