• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vincent

Jul 5, 2012
    Towson
    anyone know if there is a mount for the Streamlight 88031 Protac Tactical Flashlight 2L that will fir an AR 15 rail. I don't want a tactical type setup with a pressure switch on my forward grip. I would use my forward thumb to hit the button on the back of the light. This light has good reviews and is about 40 bucks.

vin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    I went with a surefire G2X and a Daniel Defense offset mount. It's simple and it works and it cost only $100 total.

Just another option to keep in mind. I'm pretty sure this mount would also work on the streamlight, and I paid $30 for the mount, which would make a pretty inexpensive and good light setup.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354055940.939278.jpg

Pmbspyder

Platinum Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    I went with a gear sector offset mount and a Streamlight polytac led. Both great products, total cost under $95. Let us know what you end up with!

Vincent

Jul 5, 2012
    Towson
    I will let you know. I am not too particular, but my son is Army ROTC on a rifle team and when he is home on xmas break, we will look over some of these and I will leave it up to him.

Vincent

Jul 5, 2012
    Towson
    I forgot to ask this: I have an older 6p. I used to use it as a backup for the fullsize rechargeable Streamlight when I was a home inspector. The 6P is very bright, can see well across a long crawlspace, and it will be a good gunlight. I think it is rated as 65 lumens? The Streamlight 88031 Protac Tactical Flashlight 2L is rated at 200 lumens but is LED. Anybody have one of these incandescent lights and an LED light and if so, how do they compare? Am I ok just going with these lumen ratings or am I missing something?

Bazooka

Feb 15, 2009
    I forgot to ask this: I have an older 6p. I used to use it as a backup for the fullsize rechargeable Streamlight when I was a home inspector. The 6P is very bright, can see well across a long crawlspace, and it will be a good gunlight. I think it is rated as 65 lumens? The Streamlight 88031 Protac Tactical Flashlight 2L is rated at 200 lumens but is LED. Anybody have one of these incandescent lights and an LED light and if so, how do they compare? Am I ok just going with these lumen ratings or am I missing something?

If I had a 6P Incan I'd upgrade it with an Malkoff LED. Personally I wouldn't trust a bulb on a rifle. The Malkoff's have a awesome record.

http://www.batteryjunction.com/malkoff-devices.html

Use CPF2011 for a discount.

Vincent

Jul 5, 2012
    Towson
    Thanks for all your input. I ordered a 40 buck Streamlight LED and and gouing to put it up against my 6p. If ok, then I will get mounts for each, prob from elzetta. This is a great site for getting advice.

sykesville

Ultimate Member
    Thanks for all your input. I ordered a 40 buck Streamlight LED and and gouing to put it up against my 6p. If ok, then I will get mounts for each, prob from elzetta. This is a great site for getting advice.

You should definitely check out the new Elzetta mount that will be out in a couple weeks: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=96461

Or, if you do not have picatinny rails where you want the light, I have this mount in stock: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=96463

vin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    I sell all the Elzetta mounts, lights, and the Malkoff LED modules as Surefire upgrades :)

I bought a Malkoff bulb from Sykesville a while back. It's an excellent upgrade to an incandescent surefire light. Mine got a lot brighter and the batteries last longer. You can tell when it's getting low on juice, because when you turn it on, it will come on at full power and almost immediately dial back for low amperage. You don't have to worry about it just not coming on anymore like the incandescents.

Also, comparing it to a surefire G2X, they are very similar brightness, slight difference in the color of the light, and the Malkoff has a little bit more flood, which is good for a handheld. My G2x is on an AR and the 6p with Malkoff is my carry light.

(If you go to the Malkoff website, they also have conversions for the surefire E series)

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's

Surefire used to (maybe still does) sell a product for the 6P called the Z32 Isolated Shock Bezel. It was mainly for shotguns, to keep the batteries from crushing into the bulb upon recoil. They did not advertise them on their site, but I did buy two more (phone order), a couple of years ago.

I have the 6P incandescent and a G2 led which are rated around the same lumens. I'm a fan of incandescent bulbs, but the G2 puts out just as much light, only a different color. The battery life is way better with the LED version, but I hate the sickly bluish/white output.

A 200 lumen would be absolutely blinding to you also, if caught in a reflection. Just something to keep in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Drake1990$

Latest threads

Top Bottom