• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cool_Moo5e

Sep 4, 2023
    Harford
    good morning all hope your mornings going well so far, I recently started wanting to build an AR-15 I have everything but the barrel and did some research within the state and have noticed that Maryland has some restrictions within the AR platform and just wanted to double-check and make sure I am understanding this correctly.

the HBAR rule only applies to the 5.56/223 barrels right? And despite that, I can buy other barrels as long as they are not on the gun within MD I can own them?

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Your receiver, has already been registered, I assume…. While MD’s laws prohibit some iterations of AR’s, it’s not like anyone is checking on them, after the fact. Just be cognizant, that using it, in a self defense situation, might be the only time it would be scrutinized. And, even then, your choice of barrels might (and probably would) go overlooked. That being said, I am in no way encouraging you, to break this unconstitutional law. ;):innocent0

Cool_Moo5e

Sep 4, 2023
    Harford
    Your receiver, has already been registered, I assume…. While MD’s laws prohibit some iterations of AR’s, it’s not like anyone is checking on them, after the fact. Just be cognizant, that using it, in a self defense situation, might be the only time it would be scrutinized. And, even then, your choice of barrels might (and probably would) go overlooked. That being said, I am in no way encouraging you, to break this unconstitutional law. ;):innocent0
    It is very unconstitutional but going to jail over it isn't worth my time so I will be law abiding for how ever much longer I stay in the state and yes it's registered because I bought a PSA BLEM lower with a MOE buffer and stock

aznboi87

Aug 29, 2023
    rockville, md
    Although Smith & wesson mp15 sport 2 is "Banned" in Maryland because I beleive it's not HBAR compliant, but no one, inluding the police will know difference between a S&W mp15 sport 2 and a Ruger ar556. They both look identical pretty much

Cool_Moo5e

Sep 4, 2023
    Harford
    Although Smith & wesson mp15 sport 2 is "Banned" in Maryland because I beleive it's not HBAR compliant, but no one, inluding the police will know difference between a S&W mp15 sport 2 and a Ruger ar556. They both look identical pretty much
    SMH MD SMH, there is no difference in the functionality between any of the brands and these two do look the same till you look at the stamp.

Feb 28, 2013
    good morning all hope your mornings going well so far, I recently started wanting to build an AR-15 I have everything but the barrel and did some research within the state and have noticed that Maryland has some restrictions within the AR platform and just wanted to double-check and make sure I am understanding this correctly.

the HBAR rule only applies to the 5.56/223 barrels right? And despite that, I can buy other barrels as long as they are not on the gun within MD I can own them?
    Yup

For say 300 Black you’d have the same profile as a heavy 5.56 barrel because a pencil barrel in that caliber would be about impossible.

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Could also sbr it for $200 and have a 15.99999999” barrel in whatever profile you want.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Welcome sir

Can't buy or sell a magazine over 10 rounds in Maryland, but you can go out of state, buy a 100 round drum, and legally bring it back with you to Maryland

Maryland hates guns, and law abiding citizens

Perhaps go to the Introductions forum, and post up, so we can know you better

Cool_Moo5e

Sep 4, 2023
    Harford
    Welcome sir

Can't buy or sell a magazine over 10 rounds in Maryland, but you can go out of state, buy a 100 round drum, and legally bring it back with you to Maryland

Maryland hates guns, and law abiding citizens

Perhaps go to the Introductions forum, and post up, so we can know you better

You gotta love those loop holes, already went up to the free state and grabbed a few STAG mags

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom