• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    You guys dont get it! what do you mean theyre ignorance on lubrication! HARMED? just stop.

I'm up for a challenge if money and a streaming video is involved.

We can have a shoot off with their own AR and mine. Ill lube to my standard and they can line to theirs.

Then we'll put them in sand and mud.

The gun that malfunctions becomes the other competitors.

They would be wise to take clandestine's challenge. I see hilarity ensuing when somebody's rifle fails, and it won't be the resident gunsmith's rifle...

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    You are wasting your time brother, your knowledge on this subject is superb. You probably don't remember the advice you gave for my rifle but thanks again!

I run it wet and wetter and have had nomore malfunctions.

Thank you. I'm glad to have been of assistance.

Sadly my words are being twisted as insults when they are not. One would be hard pressed to find anyone who has more love and respect for our Service Members. Just because I point out training flaws does not mean I'm attacking their service or them personally. They can be hard as nails and stone cold killers and maintain their weapon in a way that could lead to problems. That's not their fault, that is just what they were taught.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Ill talk to Charles he's not with them but might show up tomorrow. Ill ask him if he prefers mobile one on just one or both of his titanium legs. He probably doesn't like it at all though because his hand might slip off the hand brake in his dodge truck when he travels here from West Virginia to get some crabs and hang out before we plan a deer hunt for him this year.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Your going off of second hand information that may or may not exist, verses a guy whose been there done that a thousand time's. He knows what he's talking about.

People bashed the M16 back in nam for being unreliable, and now we know why...... If they were being ran dry then that explains why they were unreliable imo.

It's one of the self fufilling things about the M16/AR. It had teething problems in its infancy as most new designs do.

The Military trains Service Members and institutes things to the weapon which guarantee problems.

These are constant problems with the M4

-Marginal Lube (CLP sucks)
    -Destructive Cleaning Practices (Scrapers and Abrasives)
    -Training to UNDER Lubricate (APG Proved generous lubrication is always better)
    -Install BAD Magazines in circulation
    -Burst FCG's (Those have gone away thankfully)
    -Lack of good maintenance for many years due to restructuring and military budget cuts. (The stuff that some Armorers can't fix due to regulations are downright silly)

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I'm up for a challenge if money and a streaming video is involved.

We can have a shoot off with their own AR and mine. Ill lube to my standard and they can lube to theirs.

Then we'll put them in sand and mud.

The gun that malfunctions becomes the other competitors.

I got a fiddy on you brah. :party29:

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Ill talk to Charles he's not with them but might show up tomorrow. Ill ask him if he prefers mobile one on just one or both of his titanium legs. He probably doesn't like it at all though because his hand might slip off the hand brake in his dodge truck when he travels here from West Virginia to get some crabs and hang out before we plan a deer hunt for him this year.

I cannot imagine his sacrafice and I'm thankful for those who answer the call. May God Bless them all.

Please tell me how wanting Service Members to have the best instruction on how to care for their M4's as a BAD thing? It's not in the slightest, so stop trying to out words In my mouth. The whole reason I teach is so people can depend on their ARs for defense. To make sure they have the best info to prevent wear, malfunctions, and breakage that can be prevented.

I'm not familiar with prostetics. I know nothing about it so you won't get advice from me there.

See how that works?

Give me that young man's info and he can attend my next build class for FREE. If he don't own an AR then ill collect donations to get him one built.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Now you want to challenge them to a shoot off? And stream it? Im keeping it real world here and not getting into fantasy land. But if you really are intent on showing them whats up you can probably find them at Quantico in the near future. The fact of the matter is they could probably care less what you think. Have a good night.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Now you want to challenge them to a shoot off? And stream it? Im keeping it real world here and not getting into fantasy land. But if you really are intent on showing them whats up you can probably find them at Quantico in the near future. The fact of the matter is they could probably care less what you think. Have a good night.

What is the Marines info that lost his legs serving our Country? I want to reach out to him and offer him a free class.

As far as the clallenge goes, that was about disproving myths and seeing how much people believed what they were saying. To be honest I wouldn't take a Marines weapon if I won a bet, but that matters not.

My challenge was also BEFORE you brought up the wounded Marine. Read what I typed.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    What is the Marines info that lost his legs serving our Coubtry? I want to reach out to him and offer him a free class.

As far as the clallenge goes, that was about disproving myths and seeing how much people believed what they were saying. To be honest I wouldn't take a Marines weapon if I won a bet, but that matters not.

My challenge was also you brought up the wounded Marine. Read what I typed.

You're a classy dude!!!! No sarcasm intended!!! I mean that as a man.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I cannot imagine his sacrafice and I'm thankful for those who answer the call. May God Bless them all.

Please tell me how wanting Service Members to have the best instruction on how to care for their M4's as a BAD thing? It's not in the slightest, so stop trying to out words In my mouth. The whole reason I teach is so people can depend on their ARs for defense. To make sure they have the best info to prevent wear, malfunctions, and breakage that can be prevented.

I'm not familiar with prostetics. I know nothing about it so you won't get advice from me there.

See how that works?

Give me that young man's info and he can attend my next build class for FREE. If he don't own an AR then ill collect donations to get him one built.

What part can I buy to donate to this, if he doesn't have one? If I am first to offer, I'd like to buy the upper.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Another good reason to keep firearms well lubed is that it protects them against rust from all the corrosive pissing that's going on here. :lol2:

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    You guys dont get it! what do you mean theyre ignorance on lubrication! HARMED? just stop.

Get over yourself. I have family members tjat are Marines. My sister just retired as an E8. My brother in law is an E9. Deployed many times and have seen it all. Neither will claim to be experts on weapon maintenance and would certainly be open to learning.

Stop twisting peoples words. It's pathetic. You're acting like a whiny child.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    I'm not twisting anybody's anybodies words and I certainly don't have to defend what anybody has recommended to me, and that's it as far as Im concerned. I could care less how other people maintain they're own weapons. As far as Charles, he's army and I can get him in touch with you (Chad) but I would recommend looking up Hero's Haven on facebook if you would want to contact him yourself. He lives in Wva with his wife and two small children and comes around from time to time for events and camaraderie during hunting season. He's also learning taxidermy and is still active training at a contractors facility when he can near his home. There's a lot of guys there that would enjoy your class I'm sure. LWRC provides alot of support as well as other local business and landowners for donations and recreation opportunity. Ill shoot you his phone # via pm when he tells me its okay to do so.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I've repaired dental drills for over 20 years. They run at 400K RPM. There are dentists that swear by never lubing them. (Keeps me in business)
    There are products that lube & clean with one bottle, or two bottles, one cleans the next lubes. The best is the latter, but I default to recommend the first, because if they use cleaner, then forget to lubricate it's a killer. Maybe CLP is the same reasoning. They'll also reverse the process (run lubricant, then cleaner), or put the lubricant in the exhaust port so it never even gets in to the turbine.. Just mentioning because these gun lube threads are so analogous to the advice I give dentists, but they may follow it for a day or two. Clients of 20 years ask the same question about twice a year. I bet the highest price lubricant snake oil is marketed for dental drills. If they use vegetable oil correctly, the drill will last as long as the 1/2oz that cost $60.. yes that much not joking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom