• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twist7d7

Feb 4, 2013
    Thanks! when its finished what paperwork will i need to do? and do i have to pay a $200 tax on it?

Infantry23

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Hey guys, any room for one more interested party? I had seen some for about $150 a few weeks ago but cannot recall for the life of me where (I've been doing A LOT of internet research and just forget which site I was looking at). I will post where if I can locate them again.

That being said, I have a dremel and am fairly handy at wood working and tool set-ups. I'm up for the challenge if anyone is up for some instruction or at least words of encouragement!

Watchmyshoes

Nov 8, 2012
    Hey guys I saw one of these pop up on the ads section not too long ago and had never heard of them and after a little reading and the fact that it would not have to go through the ffl process I decided to get one. I ordered a "95%" lower from a company called American Spirit Arms. I would be interested in meeting up with you guys who are doing a group build. It seemed like a fun project at first but now seems like it can be a bit overwhelming if you don't have too much familiarity with the tools or access to the right equipment.

Les Gawlik

Ultimate Member
    Apr 2, 2009
    You can use a drill press for milling out the FCG area. The problem is that a drill press is not designed to handle the side loads that milling imparts. You will ultimately damage your drill press, and the damage will make it impossible to hold tolerances.

A milling machine can be had at Horrible Fright for about $500.00.

boatbod

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2007
    Talbot Co
    billet80.com is running about 3-4 weeks lead-time at the moment. They are pricey ($179), but an 80% paperweight in the hand is probably worth more than one you won't get until the end of the year.

lennyk

Jan 11, 2013
    Woodbine
    Guys...I love the concept of an 80% lower. The problem with the new law is that for possession to be legal it must be registered by I think 10/1/2013. I always wanted to do this as a family heirloom, since a home-built firearm can only be willed (I think).

hard_core_emt

Mar 21, 2010
    Oakland, MD
    Heres an 80% lower im gonna build for myself . Had Randy Spade from www.vadertactical.com do my engraving ... Does top notch work and only charges $35+return shipping for the left magwell design of your choice and a safety selector design .. Just has to be an untouched 80% peice

Attachments

• 20130216_171008.jpg
      20130216_171008.jpg
      115 KB · Views: 223
    • 20130216_170917.jpg
      20130216_170917.jpg
      118.6 KB · Views: 224

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I was hoping to see a picture of that new style 80% lower ( made in MD ), Its suppose to be quiet a bit different than the standard 1.

lmorrison17

Feb 1, 2008
    Got 3 80% recently

A friend and I got 3 recently.
    These 6061 billet lowers for $150.
    Here is the link.
    http://tr-enabling.com/

We got 3 plus a jig and 4 top plates.
    IMG_0161.jpg

There at Vader Tactical as I type and I am a bit concerned as he does not seem to be the best communicator in the world.

I know a guy with a mill but it's outside of philly and he is a bit unresponsive at the moment due to personal issues.
    I ordered some endmills yesterday to do the job.

We would be willing to share the use of the jig if anyone can score a mill locally who is more enthused about the project.
    Umm we get to finish ours first though.:)

My plan now is to drill most of the meat out ahead of time on a drill press to save time on the mill and wear on the tooling.

Larry

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom