• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Colt introduced the AR-15 for civilians in 1963 (50 years ago) When will they become C&R eligible?

Today. Any AR made 50 years ago is a C&R gun, you have to have some serial number evidence, but 50 years is 50 years.

MOM is not going to be happy to hear that C&R AR's will be become more and more possible.

sygata

Feb 13, 2012
    Actually, the following one is in the list for quite some time:
    Colt AR-15 Sporter "The Viet Nam Tribute Colt Special Edition" .223 cal. semiautomatic rifle,bearing the American Historical Foundation registry numbers of VT0001 through VT1500.

So, "C&R AR-15" is not something unseen before, but now others will join it, and it will be more common :)

Nixon

Jun 28, 2010
    Today. Any AR made 50 years ago is a C&R gun, you have to have some serial number evidence, but 50 years is 50 years.

MOM is not going to be happy to hear that C&R AR's will be become more and more possible.

Under MOM's proposals C&R AR's will be banned in Maryland, so I don't think he would really care.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Under MOM's proposals C&R AR's will be banned in Maryland, so I don't think he would really care.

Not if they follow the New York model

"If you own a gun that falls within the definition of an assault weapon and/or a corresponding high capacity magazine for such a weapon, which is 50 years old or more, it is considered a relic and curio. The value as a collectable or antique of such is understood, and although both must be registered with the New York State Police within 1 year, they may continue to be bought and sold in and out of the state so long as registration information is kept current."

Wanna guess how expensive C&R "assault weapons" are going to get? :) Who wants a .308 Argentinian FN-49? I bet that I could sell my 3 in NYS for quite a pretty penny!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom