• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KingGeorge

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 30, 2013
    Thanks! I knew I was missing something.

Does it matter if the charging handle is alloy or steel?

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia

KingGeorge

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 30, 2013
    Okay cool. I plan on putting a red dot scope on the top and a flashlight somewhere. With that upper in the link above would I be able to mount a scope and flashlight on it as is or would I need to add something?

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    The red dot should be easy, it's the flashlight that will give you problems. Most people who put flashlights on their ARs have rails for handguards. You can either get handguards with rails, or get a FSB flashlight mount.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Get a BCM Gun Fighter handle. Works well with optics.

And Mag-Lite has a model called the XL50. It has a 1 inch tube and mounts very well using 1 inch rings. High, Low, and Strobe.

Enjoy the build.

KingGeorge

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 30, 2013
    Ohhh I'm digging that flashlight. Love the flashing option on it.

Why do I need a bcm charging handle though?

KingGeorge

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 30, 2013
    Yeah I ran too YouTube lol. The dude explaining it and showing examples of 3 differant charging handles showed why the BCM one was the best. Says you can rack it with one hand. But then again he looked like a pro. So I don't know. For 43 bucks it oughtta be the best though. When the standard is 15 bucks.

KingGeorge

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 30, 2013
    Cool. My sister stays down there in Woodbridge. What range do you go too?

And it's perfectly fine for me to bring my guns into Virginia and shoot at a range right?

Cyclone

Jr. Zombie Killer
    Jan 25, 2010
    Rosedale, MD
    http://www.pegasusdefense.com/store/products/198/ar15m16-223556-bolt-carrier-group

http://www.dsarms.com/p-11682-dsa-z...eiver-with-16-barrel-parked-m4-handguard.aspx

So my complete lower along with those two items in links above would make my gun a finished product? Is there anything I'm missing that I'll need to buy to make it a complete is the question.
    Watch out for DSArms, they are soooooo freaking behind, they complete their shipping and backlog for about 6 to 8 months... call first before ordering...;)

KingGeorge

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 30, 2013
    Watch out for DSArms, they are soooooo freaking behind, they complete their shipping and backlog for about 6 to 8 months... call first before ordering...;)

Lol thanks for the heads up. I'd be pissed if I had to wait that long and they label the item (in stock)

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Cool. My sister stays down there in Woodbridge. What range do you go too?

And it's perfectly fine for me to bring my guns into Virginia and shoot at a range right?

I go to Sharpshooters in Lorton and the NRA Range in Fairfax. Yes, you can bring your guns down here to shoot at a range. I'd suggest you get a non-resident concealed carry permit and you can strap on when you cross the border. The Quantico Tactical store in Woodbridge has BCGs in stock for what you're paying, and the last time I went, they had AR uppers in stock, too. Sharpshooters stocks all kinds of AR parts, and if you get to Manassas, Virginia Arms had a bunch of AR parts, too.

Cyclone

Jr. Zombie Killer
    Jan 25, 2010
    Rosedale, MD
    Lol thanks for the heads up. I'd be pissed if I had to wait that long and they label the item (in stock)
    PSA had these complete upper in stock, fired and tested for head space... guaranteed to work...$349 shipped after 15days. They assemble their upper per order so the wait is still acceptable...

KingGeorge

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 30, 2013
    I go to Sharpshooters in Lorton and the NRA Range in Fairfax. Yes, you can bring your guns down here to shoot at a range. I'd suggest you get a non-resident concealed carry permit and you can strap on when you cross the border. The Quantico Tactical store in Woodbridge has BCGs in stock for what you're paying, and the last time I went, they had AR uppers in stock, too. Sharpshooters stocks all kinds of AR parts, and if you get to Manassas, Virginia Arms had a bunch of AR parts, too.

Thanks for the intell, how do I go about getting a non resident carry permit I VA?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom