• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stevetull

Nov 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Hello,
    Stemmers Run Rifle & Pistol Club will begin our Bowling Pin Shoots April 1st,
    Listed on the Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore calendar.
    AGC pistol range, from 12:00 - 4:00. We have Hot Dogs, Snacks, Water available.
    Please follow this link for info: http://stemmersrun.org/disciplines/pistol/default.htm
    Here's a short video:
    Register early to shoot early. Shoot first relay free if your a first time shooter.
    Thanks,
    Steve

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    This is a fun event and 50/50 prize pot if I’m not mistaken. Several pistol classes available to compete in.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    They do a steel bowling pin plate rack, if you shoot rimfire it’s a smaller round plate.
    So a mini Bianchi rack. I haven't shot Pin in a while but I recall the real challenge being using a powerful enough load to take the pin three feet back off the table without having any "rollers".

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    So a mini Bianchi rack. I haven't shot Pin in a while but I recall the real challenge being using a powerful enough load to take the pin three feet back off the table without having any "rollers".
    This is also exactly what I was thinking when I saw the video and was confused as to why the heck I didn't see any pins flying off. I believe was why dudes used to shoot 45s at bowling pin matches, because 9mm wouldn't always get the job done. This looks like steel plates, which is cool, but not a bowling pin match really.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    This is also exactly what I was thinking when I saw the video and was confused as to why the heck I didn't see any pins flying off. I believe was why dudes used to shoot 45s at bowling pin matches, because 9mm wouldn't always get the job done. This looks like steel plates, which is cool, but not a bowling pin match really.
    Yeah. I shot a 45 1911 "pin gun" in the morning relay and a 44 mag n frame in the afternoon (pins got "soaked up" with bullets by afternoon and the hotrod 45s had trouble with rollers). Old timer was loading 300gr full wadcutters for me to use in my 44. I've never seen that bullet for sale even as a component. He had a mold and at the time I couldn't reload. I was happy to buy the ammo from him as they WORKED. I have no idea what load data or velocity was but all I cared about was the results.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Yeah. I shot a 45 1911 "pin gun" in the morning relay and a 44 mag n frame in the afternoon (pins got "soaked up" with bullets by afternoon and the hotrod 45s had trouble with rollers). Old timer was loading 300gr full wadcutters for me to use in my 44. I've never seen that bullet for sale even as a component. He had a mold and at the time I couldn't reload. I was happy to buy the ammo from him as they WORKED. I have no idea what load data or velocity was but all I cared about was the results.
    I have an old BUL M-5 that came over in the import lots that is a no-shit bowling pin gun. 45ACP, huge-ass compensator, and iron sights. If there were true bowling pin matches that ran on days I could attend, I'd totally get that running.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I have an old BUL M-5 that came over in the import lots that is a no-shit bowling pin gun. 45ACP, huge-ass compensator, and iron sights. If there were true bowling pin matches that ran on days I could attend, I'd totally get that running.
    That's a great rig!!! Mines a colt hybrid. Series 70 stainless combat government frame, gutted and cut series 80 blued slide. Barsto barrel. Silver soldered reverse cone and comp. Bomar sights. Picked it up in PA. Probably done in the eighties. Old school but I like it.

"Guns on the rail!"

stevetull

Nov 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Hello everyone,
    It is a steel challenge, a speed:accuracy ratio driven event.
    Can you knock down all six in under 6 seconds?
    We also offer help to new shooters. ECI's are required at the AGC.
    We sell them for $1.00. Bring a chair, water, etc., we will have snacks
    See ya

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom